Shared Folder Sync Error after Disk Migration

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect other DiskStations, USB/eSATA, network backup, or other rsync clients.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
kevinjw
Trainee
Trainee

Shared Folder Sync Error after Disk Migration

Postby kevinjw » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 am

My 1515+ died and I've migrated the disks to a 1517+. Everything is working except a Shared Folder Sync task which syncs folders from the 1515+/1517+ to a 1513+. The error message I am getting for all folders in the task includes '...due to the share is already paired by other clients in server.'.

I'm guessing the target folders are linked to the 1515+ so access from the 1517+ isn't allowed.

Assuming that is the case is there any way around it other than to remove the target folders and set the sync up again?

Thanks.

Kevin

Return to “Backup/Restore for DiskStation to DiskStation/USB/eSATA/Off-site backups”