Stuck in restoring process

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect other DiskStations, USB/eSATA, network backup, or other rsync clients.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Sortierer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Stuck in restoring process

Unread post by Sortierer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi there,

because of a broken HDD I started to recreate my data using the Backup Explorer. I can see my files there and am able to browse through them. First I tried to copy them to an external hard drive which wasn't possible (no idea why). As I don't have another internal HDD I tried copying folders onto the backup hard drive itself, which worked for two folders. There is plenty of space left, but after copying two folders no more copying was possible. Starting the process brings up some activity in the menu bar but stops quite fast without doing anything.

I will again try to copy stuff onto an external hard drive, but I guess I'm stuck and need some help here.

Thanks!

Sortierer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Stuck in restoring process

Unread post by Sortierer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Ok, I can select files to copy them onto an external drive and will do that....

Sortierer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Sortierer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 pm

I guess the problem is that the copying process does not allow "strange" file names like those with blank characters in it. That's not good. :oops:

Sortierer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Sortierer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:48 am

All good, somehow strange characters confused the restoring process. For the most folders it works just fine, a few I have to upload to my computer.

Return to “Backup/Restore for DiskStation to DiskStation/USB/eSATA/Off-site backups”