Backing up question

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect other DiskStations, USB/eSATA, network backup, or other rsync clients.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
maallen40
I'm New!
I'm New!

Backing up question

Unread post by maallen40 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Hello group....I have been banging my head on the wall trying to decide if I should buy an expansion unit (DX513) to use as a backup to my DS414...then found out it is not compatible. I also have a DS115 (which is compatible) and a DS214.... So I was thinking, If I bought another Nas, say a DS 517 could I back up all three existing Nas's to the new Nas? Or just sell everything and start over with a different setup....any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Return to “Backup/Restore for DiskStation to DiskStation/USB/eSATA/Off-site backups”