Volume Crashed

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect other DiskStations, USB/eSATA, network backup, or other rsync clients.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
berin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Volume Crashed

Unread post by berin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi all, hoping someone can help. I have a DS 415Play, with 4 2TB disks configured Raid 5. I back this up to an external USB HDD using a Hyper back up job

Last week I had multiple small power cuts at home, causing the DS to crash, losing Volume 1 (the only volume). Normally this is a a UPS but the cat had fired that the day before by knocking a glass of water over it!

I can access DSM, and all disks are now running normally. Can anyone help with the next steps to either restore (if possible) and if not rebuild the RTAID 5 and restore from the back up disk please?

thanks,

Return to “Backup/Restore for DiskStation to DiskStation/USB/eSATA/Off-site backups”