Not Recognizing USB Drive

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect other DiskStations, USB/eSATA, network backup, or other rsync clients.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
dogman
Trainee
Trainee

Not Recognizing USB Drive

Unread post by dogman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm using USB disk drives to backup my Synology NAS. I have 3 different backup routines depending on which folder(s) I'm backing up. If I do 2 different USB backups back to back or just 1, I mount the USB drive, but on the Hyber Backup screen, the Target destination shows off-line. I can format the USB disk drive, but the drive continues to show off-line. The only way I can get the USB disk drive On-Line is to delete the backup routine and re-enter the backup specs as an additional backup.

Any suggestions on how to get the USB disk drive to show on-line after it is formatted w/o deleting/re-entering the backup specs?

Thanks.

Return to “Backup/Restore for DiskStation to DiskStation/USB/eSATA/Off-site backups”