Media Server looses connection

Questions regarding using our product with a UPnP Digital Media Adaptor may be placed here
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
pwhooftman
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Media Server looses connection

Unread post by pwhooftman » Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 pm

RYOSAEBA50 wrote:how did it work ? did you find any setting to modify on the NAS ?
thanks a lot
I managed to solve this problem by using the Serviio mediaserver, and increase it's SSDP timeout in /volume1/@appstore/Serviio/bin/serviio.sh (by adding the -Dserviio.advertisementDuration=864000 parameter to JAVA_OPTS (see below, sorry for the lousy formatting but the above parameter is the only thing modified in the file)). Be sure to restart the Serviio package afterwards.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
### ====================================================================== ###
##                                                                          ##
##  Serviio start Script                                                    ##
##                                                                          ##
### ====================================================================== ###

DIRNAME=`dirname $0`
PROGNAME=`basename $0`

# OS specific support (must be 'true' or 'false').
cygwin=false;
darwin=false;
linux=false;
case "`uname`" in
    CYGWIN*)
        cygwin=true
        ;;

Darwin*)
        darwin=true
        ;;

Linux)
        linux=true
        ;;
esac

# For Cygwin, ensure paths are in UNIX format before anything is touched
if $cygwin ; then
    [ -n "$SERVIIO_HOME" ] &&
        SERVIIO_HOME=`cygpath --unix "$SERVIIO_HOME"`
    [ -n "$JAVA_HOME" ] &&
        JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --unix "$JAVA_HOME"`    
fi

# Setup SERVIIO_HOME
if [ "x$SERVIIO_HOME" = "x" ]; then
    # get the full path (without any relative bits)
    SERVIIO_HOME=`cd $DIRNAME/..; pwd`
fi
export SERVIIO_HOME

# Setup the JVM
if [ "x$JAVA" = "x" ]; then
    if [ "x$JAVA_HOME" != "x" ]; then
	JAVA="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java"
    else
	JAVA="java"
    fi
fi

# Setup the classpath
SERVIIO_CLASS_PATH="$SERVIIO_HOME/lib/*:$SERVIIO_HOME/config"

# Setup Serviio specific properties
JAVA_OPTS="-Dserviio.advertisementDuration=864000 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dderby.system.home=$SERVIIO_HOME/library -Dserviio.home=$SERVIIO_HOME -Dserviio.defaultTranscodeFolder=/volume1/@tmp -Dffmpeg.location=$SERVIIO_HOME/bin/ffmpeg -Dplugins.location=/volume1/public/serviio -Djava.util.prefs.syncInterval=86400"

# For Cygwin, switch paths to Windows format before running java
if $cygwin; then
    SERVIIO_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$SERVIIO_HOME"`
    JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JAVA_HOME"`
    SERVIIO_CLASS_PATH=`cygpath --path --windows "$SERVIIO_CLASS_PATH"`
fi

# Execute the JVM in the foreground
"$JAVA" -Xmx512m -Xms20M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=10 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=20 $JAVA_OPTS -classpath "$SERVIIO_CLASS_PATH" org.serviio.MediaServer "$@"         

DS918+ with 2x4Tb WD Red, Kopano VM, Domoticz

ranley
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ranley » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:06 am

I have an LG tv and I got the same issue. The server disconnects after around 30 minutes. Then the DiskStation disappears from the server list. However, I am not experiencing this problem with my Sony Home Theater using the same DLNA server. I'm running a DS112 with DSM4.2.

I installed BubbleUPnP server by Michael Pujos and activated the proxy server option. The disconnection problem seems to disappear now and I can run a full-length movie without any issue so far on the LG tv. I'll keep monitoring and see what happens.

vince828
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by vince828 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. The TV disconnects from the media server after 30 minutes. Does anybody have a solution ? Something from Synology ? I also tried to use BubbleUPNP but disconnection occurs even with the proxy server.
Does anybody have a patch for media server config files as for serviio ?
Please help !

kfinky10
I'm New!
I'm New!

Streaming Media - 20mins dropout issue

Unread post by kfinky10 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi All,

I have the dreaded "20 min drop out" issue when streaming from my DS213J to a samsung TV.
i have a DS213J running DSM 4.3-3776.

I have no issue 'seeing' the Shared Video folders on the TV.
I can run most videos (depending on format)
They run for approx 20mins before "Device Disconnected", at which point the DS213J is removed from the available devices list on the TV. Cannot get it back until i reset the DS213J.

I have read the forums, trying the following;
- Change firewall options
- Change Router
- Change HDD hibernation
- Change HDD power modes
- CHanging TV to Wired Ethenet

Getting a little annoyed, as the reason I bought this system was to primarily stream media to my devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zickzack
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Zickzack » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:29 am

Hi

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
My setup is a 211j running DSM 4.3-3810 update 1, a Asus RT-N65U router with the latest firmware and a samsung smart tv.
I lose cennection to my synology after 30 min when I am streaming movies on my tv and have to restart the tv to be able to se the synology in my list of devices again. After searching around for a answer and following the links in this thread the problem seems to be with the SSDP and that the samsung tv doesnt get the update sfter 30 min and therefore sees the synology as disconnected. Is there a way to set the SSDP interval on the synology to more than 30 min say maybe 6 hours so you could watch a whole movie or is there a better solution? I really could use some help as my wife is killing me about this :D .

pwhooftman
Seasoned
Seasoned

Unread post by pwhooftman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:10 am

Zickzack wrote:Hi

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
My setup is a 211j running DSM 4.3-3810 update 1, a Asus RT-N65U router with the latest firmware and a samsung smart tv.
I lose cennection to my synology after 30 min when I am streaming movies on my tv and have to restart the tv to be able to se the synology in my list of devices again. After searching around for a answer and following the links in this thread the problem seems to be with the SSDP and that the samsung tv doesnt get the update sfter 30 min and therefore sees the synology as disconnected. Is there a way to set the SSDP interval on the synology to more than 30 min say maybe 6 hours so you could watch a whole movie or is there a better solution? I really could use some help as my wife is killing me about this :D .
No, only solution is to start using Serviio as a mediaserver and icrease the SSDP time out as described. I have openend a ticket with Synology before about this issue, but they don't seem to mind.

As an alternative, You could try using the BubbleUpNP Synology package, it claims to fix issues of UPnP/DLNA Media Servers (discovery issues, broken data, add some audio DLNA compliance) by creating a proxy Media Server
DS918+ with 2x4Tb WD Red, Kopano VM, Domoticz

mareku
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by mareku » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:22 pm

hi, introduction apologize for my English (Google), now I have the same problem,
(D-Link DIR-636L, LG TV, Synology DSM 4.3)
problem started after replacing the router, I originally had a D-link DIR-300 and everything was OK,
for me it looks like the router compatibility problems, support from www.dlink.com responding

laserblues2
I'm New!
I'm New!

Device disconnecting - DS413 & Samsung UA46ES7000

Unread post by laserblues2 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:51 am

Hello,

We've been using a DS413 & Samsung 46" 7000 series TV for months. Last night we were watching some content stored on the NAS, this morning we've tried to do exactly the same thing and it keeps saying "Device Disconnected" after no more than 30 seconds of watching the file.

It did this a while back, the tech guys at Synology didn't know what to do. I went into the media device list & reset it, and this seemed to do the job.

This morning I've tried it and it's made no difference. I've also restarted the Mac Mini, router & TV but that hasn't helped. The TV allows me to access the files & folders, but just will not let me actually view the files??

I also changed the profile of the device to Samsung TV but that didn't work?!

Any suggestions?? I've read the other topics & tried some of the suggestions but to no avail.

Thanks,

Nick

dMajo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Unread post by dMajo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:49 pm

• APCSMT2200I+AP9631
  • Vigor2830Vn+: LoadBal 2xADSL(20M/1M.mcr512K,8IP)+1x4G/LTE
  • D-Link DGS1210-28P (CoreSW, PoE+)
    • 4x IntelliJack NJ2000G, 4x IntelliJack NJ220
    • 2x Netgear GS108T
    • 2x VigorAP900
  • DS1815+: DSM61(15152u3),16GB,2x845DCPro,4xWD60EFRX,2xWD60PURX;LAN:1+2,3,4
  • RS3617xs+: DSM61(15152u3),8GB,8xWD40FFWX;LAN:1+2+3,4,5+6
  • RS2414RP+: DSM52(5644u8),4GB,8xWD30EFRX;LAN:1+2+3,4
  • MME:
    • DENON AVR4311
    • TV: UE55ES8000Q,UE32ES6800Q,UE22F5410AY
    • Gigaset: 2xDX800A,1xSL910H,2xDA210
    • Galaxy Note3,A5; Nokia N8

Nafizur
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by Nafizur » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:09 pm

i moved, so i bought a new cisco linksys router and i don't have that problem anymore. Both my Samsung and LG tv working trouble free.

darksul
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by darksul » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:40 pm

I bought a Samsung 7 series TV (UN55F7100) and a Synology DS214Play - after getting them both on a Motorola Surfboard mode/router (ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard Gateway SBG6580), I was also experiencing "network errors" or "device disconnected" errors every 20 or 30 minutes while trying to stream from the NAS to the TV using Samsung's built-in DLNA player.

Tried chatting with Samsung support and was told flat out that they do not support streaming from NAS devices :? I tried Plex, Servio and BubbleUpnp but none of them worked and they were all a pain to get up and running correctly. Still got network errors or disconnection errors.

So after a lot of digging, I think I have fixed the problem. Created an account to share the solution that worked for me:

1) Updated firmware on all devices - the latest DSM 4.3 on the NAS, the latest TV firmware and the latest router firmware

2) Disabled the firewalls on the router (default is set to "low") and the NAS (just created a rule to "Allow all")

3) Put all devices on a wired connection - LAN cables connecting the NAS, TV, my PS3 and the router/modem.

4) Assigned static IP addresses to the TV and the NAS.

5) Got rid of the automatic DNS server settings in the router and the TV, made the DNS point to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 Ip addresses instead.

6) Reset the Samsung TV to factory defaults

8) Reboot all three devices (TV, router, NAS) one last time

9) Test multiple video files playing over the network. I've tried at least 25 files so far, over 1 hour each, and no issues experienced. This is using the Samsung Allshare TV player and the default media server on the DS214Play.

Just thought this might help someone looking for a solution to a similar problem. All the best!

Raphael99
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by Raphael99 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi
Ds213j + DSM 5
After loading a video on samsung blu player after 5 minutes the media server native loose connection and it is not seen in server resource on the device.
No router and no synology firewall. Tried all but seem not working .

Milamba
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by Milamba » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:20 am

Was there ever a fix for this, as I'm getting at the moment with exactly same symptoms.

Any known work around?

ckronengold
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by ckronengold » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Same boat, but for audio.

Synology 1515+, streaming FLAC files to an Onkyo 709 receiver. The onkyo sees the NAS as a media server and can browse and initiate play. But after about 30 mins, I get the "Server Disconnected" error, even though the NAS is still on and I can access the server on my other devices.

xdwarfx
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by xdwarfx » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:25 pm

Same problem here. All is well for years on my DS112+ hardwired to my E4200 router and Samsung ES8000. Last couple of weeks nothing but trouble. Connect PC's to my NAS works like a charm.

Return to “Streaming Multimedia Server”