Media Server looses connection

Questions regarding using our product with a UPnP Digital Media Adaptor may be placed here
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
igloolad
I'm New!
I'm New!

disconnects after 20mins ds212+

Unread post by igloolad » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:23 pm

i have a ds212+ running a 2tb hdd, tv and blu ray are both samsung, tv c5800 and blu ray d4200, network is set up ok, every thing plays well and streams ok, everything hard wired, then after 20mins the diskstation disconnects and disappears off the network all together, checking on my computer my drives are still mapped and i can access them.

new to this

any ideas guys, thought it might be hibernation issues but it is streaming video.

regards

Nafizur
Trainee
Trainee

Media Server looses connection

Unread post by Nafizur » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:21 pm

hi guys, i have a ds411 and i am steaming movie to my samsung 3d and after 30 min it says device not connected. I check my pc and the server is on and all files can be accessed. can someone plz help?

scruff.dog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Media Server loses connection

Unread post by scruff.dog » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:56 pm

I have ds212j 4.0-2233 with Media Server 1.0-2252 connecting wirelessly to Samsung 3dtv ue55s6300 using dlna Media Server. Also get device disconnected errors with 5-30 minutes of starting. Have contacted Synology - waiting for response. Anyone else?

Abe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Media Server loses connection

Unread post by Abe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Same goes for me. I have a DS212J and am using the Media Server that is found in the Package Center. My DSM version is DSM 4.0-2233.

Please give me a fix for this!

scruff.dog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Media Server looses connection

Unread post by scruff.dog » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

New piece of information on disconnection between ds212j and samsung es6300 tv:
Mediaserver disconnects after 31 minutes each time - always pretty much the same. Serviio disconnects in much shorter time about 5 minutes.

Interestingly, after the disconnect I can go to the All Share menu in Samsung smart hub and the DiskStation icon has disappeared from "video" "music" and "photo" BUT if i select the file that has just been disconnected by the TV in the "recently played" section it plays perfectly to the end!

Very clunky workaround.

I've contacted synology with logs but still waiting for response. Samsung have promised a phone call from expert. Will post solution if any arises.

Abe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Abe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Awesome! Please keep us updated. On my side I upgraded to the DSM 4.1 beta and have been able to stream entire movies to my samsung smart tv. I don't know if it is because of the DSM upgrade, dumb luck or the setting in the Media Server that allows the user to set which profile to use when streaming to the different media clients. There is one setting for samsung devices; might be worth trying if you haven't already done so.

// Albert

Xeonus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Xeonus » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 am

I have the same problem as described by others.
First some information about my system: DS212+ with DSM4.0 and Media Server package installed. TV: Samsung UE46ES6880

On my Smart TV I can find the NAS and start to stream MKVs without problems. I encountered two scenarios:

1. When I start to play a video (mostly MKVs), I get the "Connection Lost" message after around 30 minutes.
2. If I try to resume at a specific time point, it takes around 5 minutes until the error message "Container format not supported" appears.

I stream over a separate WiFi 5Ghz subnetwork through an ASUS router. The connection and speed definitely does not seem to be the problem, because when I connect to my NAS over the same WiFi through a laptop and stream it through HDMI, everything runs smoothly.

Thank you scruff.dog for keeping us posted.

Xeonus

scruff.dog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by scruff.dog » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:39 pm

hi guys,

i waited in for samsung to call on two separate occassions about this dlna issue. Neither time did they call. Sent the TV back to amazon and bought an lg instead. Synology works perfectly with lg through dlna (no need for plex client). Won't be buying samsung again! Hope you find a fix for this. good luck. scruff.

tkerwin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by tkerwin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:58 pm

I have this exact same problem, with a RackStation 2212+. The problem isn't with the TV, since my PCs lose connection as well after about 30 minutes. If I change any configuration on the Media Server panel, it restarts the service (or something) and I can see the server on my PCs and my TV.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? This is a big issue in my environment, I want to have the server running 24/7 for availability even when I'm not around to fiddle with the settings.

alcapone
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by alcapone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Same problem here... My setup is a DS411j with a Samsung Smart TV ES8000...
Anyone found a valid workaround other then restarting the TV?

ultragc
Rookie
Rookie

Unread post by ultragc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 am

I am experiencing similar issue on my new DS412+. This may be related to the issue mentioned here...

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 14&t=59879

denosullivan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by denosullivan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 pm

I've the same issue, anyone find a fix?

ornette
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by ornette » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 am

I had a similar problem with a Cambridge Magic 6. Rebooting everything, including the router and the iPhone (for the Cambridge app) seems to have fixed it.

pwhooftman
Seasoned
Seasoned

Unread post by pwhooftman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:32 am

I still experience the same thing in multiple situations. Disconnects occur around 30 minutes after starting playback. Resuming playback disconnects again within 1 or 2 minutes. After a few attempts, playback keeps working again.

- wether using MediaServer or using Serviio
- wether viewing via my wireless connected Samsung C series TV, or when viewing from my wired connected B series TV
- wether starting playback via the TV menu, or staring playback via the BubbleUpNp client on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Phone.

I'm running DSM 4.2 with all the latest packages, so still no solution seems to be found.

To be honest, i do not except the culprint to be in Media Server or DLNA, but a level deeper, it almost seems a generic filesharing issue. After all, MediaServer & Serviio also rely on the shared folders concept.

Have you guys found a solution? If not, i'll raise a ticket.

UPDATE: This seems promising: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9780
I'll experiment with the SSDP timeout and keep you posted
DS918+ with 2x4Tb WD Red, Kopano VM, Domoticz

RYOSAEBA50
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by RYOSAEBA50 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 am

how did it work ? did you find any setting to modify on the NAS ?
thanks a lot

Return to “Streaming Multimedia Server”