Password Protect folders

Questions regarding using our product with a UPnP Digital Media Adaptor may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
colhot
I'm New!
I'm New!

Password Protect folders

Postby colhot » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi

I was messing about on my TV and noticed that it gained access to my server. Well thats the last thing I wanted it to do ie access my photos, music etc etc.

Surely it should have asked me for a password........if not then can I password protect my folders or do I have to have the server off line all the time until I want to access it?

Thanks

Colin
sjeph8je
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Password Protect folders

Postby sjeph8je » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Do you have the mediaserver enabled? This will give acces to the music and video folders via DLNA which doesn't require authentication
DS-218+ | DSM 6.1.5-15254 | 1 x WD20EFRX (Basic-btrfs) (Hyper backup vault, DS)
DS-916+ | DSM 6.1.5-15254 | 2 x WD40EFRX (RAID1-btrfs) | 2 x WD10EFRX (RAID1-btrfs) (AS, Calendar, Chat, CMS, Docker, Hyper backup, PS, Snapshot Replication, SVN, VS, WS, Webdav)
  • Startech S3510SMU33 | WD20EFRX (ext-4)
DS-213J | DSM 6.2-23511 | 1 x WD20EFRX (Basic-ext4) (Hyper backup vault)

Corruption wears infinite disguises.

Return to “Streaming Multimedia Server”