DS213j DLNA disappeared all the sudden

Questions regarding using our product with a UPnP Digital Media Adaptor may be placed here
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
grahamn01
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS213j DLNA disappeared all the sudden

Unread post by grahamn01 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:07 am

So for ages I was happily using Media Server on my DS213j to link up to My Media Hub in my Fetch TV box, when recently the "Diskstation" line in My Media Hub no longer appears.

I've tracked the problem down to the Synology NAS, because if I reset the Fetch Box --> no change, reset the router --> no change, reset the DS213j --> Fixed (temporarily anyway).

Anyone else found this to be a problem recently? I definitely did not change any settings on Media Server, my router, or the Fetchbox - so my suspicion is a recent Diskstation software update.

Swiso
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS213j DLNA disappeared all the sudden

Unread post by Swiso » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:30 am

Hello,
I think I have more or less the same problem.....until a month or two months ago, I was able to see my NAS DS412+ on my TV without any problem. ( Panasonic-TX-P55VT50J)
Suddenly it started to "disappear" from the devices list on my TV screen...sometimes when I turn on the TV and want to see a movie that I have on the NAS, the NAS is shown for a very brief moment (half a second) and the I see the message " No server connected" on the TV.
Sometimes it take like a couple of minutes and then I see the NAS back on the list....but when it doesen't show back, the only way to solve this situation is turning OFF and back ON the NAS, then I am able to see it again on the server list on my TV.

No idea what is happening and why
Would like to know a solution to fix this problem once for all.

grahamn01
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS213j DLNA disappeared all the sudden

Unread post by grahamn01 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:10 am

I still haven't found a solution to Mediaserver, but have tried to replace with VideoStation (no idea how to configure to be a DLNA server... doesn't seem to support it even though Help suggests it does), Plex (too slow and buggy on a DS213j), Serviio (too buggy and doesn't show all folders for some reason until you rename them - too annoying) - have finally settled on MiniDLNA - a very bare bones alternative, but so far has been a reliable replacement.

Return to “Streaming Multimedia Server”