Missing thumbnails browsing photos on TV on the DS216j

Questions regarding using our product with a UPnP Digital Media Adaptor may be placed here
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
tangMus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Missing thumbnails browsing photos on TV on the DS216j

Unread post by tangMus » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me out with the following problem.

I've recently purchased a DS216J and now have my entire photo collection stored inside it, running the media server pack, and it is physically connected to my home router. I also have an LG 55UH850V smart TV (DLNA/UPnP) connected to the same router to access the photos on my DS216J.

The problem is this: when i browse photos from the TV, all thumbnails fail to load. I can view photos fine if i click on them individually one by one. But without the thumbnails it makes browsing impossible as you can understand.

So I tried fiddling around with the Media Server settings within the DSM by ticking the 'thumbnail' option. But when I do this, the photo fails to even display on the TV even though the file list is present, so i have to leave it unticked. I never had this issue with my previous Buffalo NAS on the same TV and previous TV's.

I hope somebody here can suggest something? Thanks in advance.

Return to “Streaming Multimedia Server”