Missing thumbnails browsing photos on TV on the DS216j

Questions regarding using our product with a UPnP Digital Media Adaptor may be placed here
tangMus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Missing thumbnails browsing photos on TV on the DS216j

Postby tangMus » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me out with the following problem.

I've recently purchased a DS216J and now have my entire photo collection stored inside it, running the media server pack, and it is physically connected to my home router. I also have an LG 55UH850V smart TV (DLNA/UPnP) connected to the same router to access the photos on my DS216J.

The problem is this: when i browse photos from the TV, all thumbnails fail to load. I can view photos fine if i click on them individually one by one. But without the thumbnails it makes browsing impossible as you can understand.

So I tried fiddling around with the Media Server settings within the DSM by ticking the 'thumbnail' option. But when I do this, the photo fails to even display on the TV even though the file list is present, so i have to leave it unticked. I never had this issue with my previous Buffalo NAS on the same TV and previous TV's.

I hope somebody here can suggest something? Thanks in advance.

Return to “Streaming Multimedia Server”