Backing up external drives attached as device to my iMac

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect to computer clients, such as Synology Data Replicator, Time Machine, or other client backup software.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
mrjustdis
I'm New!
I'm New!

Backing up external drives attached as device to my iMac

Unread post by mrjustdis » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

I currently have five (5) external drives connected to my iMac via a Thunderbolt powered hub running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3. After a recent update, Apple forwarded a message that for sake of integrity, I needed to initiate a new backup. Well, despite the progress bar on TM - no date is being backed up in Time capsule. I now lost all my previous backups. That issue is currently being worked on by Apple. My question pertains to the external drives attached to my iMac- are the external drives being backed-up in addition to the HDD or do I have set it up differently? I thought any external USB HD would be backed up if it doesn't appear on the exclusion list. All my really important work is on the external drives and that's what I need backed up.

Return to “Backup/Restore for computer clients”