Cloud station Backup Where is the Cache or history file

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect to computer clients, such as Synology Data Replicator, Time Machine, or other client backup software.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
john510
Novice
Novice

Cloud station Backup Where is the Cache or history file

Postby john510 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:18 am

I recently had to DELETE some files of a Synlogy NAS in a folder that were backups of a computer such as docs, pictures, etc , etc. I did the delete directly as the admin in synolgy but deleting the folder and then going tot the computer and UNlinking the backup for that unit.

I went ahead and Re-Created the backup task in Cloud Station Backup on the computer and begun to process it, but when it ran it ran quickly and competed but when I looked in the NAS the files were not there... even when the backup said it was completed... So there must of been something to tell it those files were already copied .. where is it so I can get a FRESH COMPLETE backup of the files and folders?

Return to “Backup/Restore for computer clients”