Fix Cloud Station Backup - too many files

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect to computer clients, such as Synology Data Replicator, Time Machine, or other client backup software.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
ccm8111
Trainee
Trainee

Fix Cloud Station Backup - too many files

Postby ccm8111 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:09 am

I made my initial sync with cloud station backup and apparently there were too many files. I had excluded my regular app data folder, but an old backup had app data within my folder set.

As a result, the application is using 20-25% of my CPU all the time. I deselected the offending folder from the Settings > Backup Source; however, the problem seems to still be there. Additionally, the offending folder is still in the backup on the NAS. Is there a way to remove it?

Finally, are the versioning controls different between CS Backup and CS Drive? If I have versioning with CS Drive, do I really even need backup?
ccm8111
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Fix Cloud Station Backup - too many files

Postby ccm8111 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:19 am

So I tried restarting after changing all the settings. CS Backup still uses 30% of my CPU at all times. It also shows items in the queue that I have told it not to sync via the settings.

Thoughts on how to reset it and try again?

Return to “Backup/Restore for computer clients”