Active Backup for Server Permissions Problem

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect to computer clients, such as Synology Data Replicator, Time Machine, or other client backup software.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
ericarthurc
I'm New!
I'm New!

Active Backup for Server Permissions Problem

Postby ericarthurc » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Hey, so I am trying to back up our Windows 2016 Server computer and I keep getting a "Partial" error due to "You don't have permission to access these files". When setting up the backup I used an Administrator account to sign into. I even tried to change permissions of the folders on the Server to make the account I was signing into the owner of the folder, and that didn't really work. Anyone know how to fix this, or even a better application for this? I would like a consistent (every day) full system backup, not just a couple of folders.

Thanks in advance!

It would even be cool if there was a backup program that could make an updated .iso of the backup for a quick push over if that system fails.
synology_ukman
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Active Backup for Server Permissions Problem

Postby synology_ukman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Have you identified if it's specific files or folders it's failing on?
Perhaps that's a bug. AB is new
Open a ticket
hallsms
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Active Backup for Server Permissions Problem

Postby hallsms » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:59 pm

I'm having this same problem, I'm desperate, my backups are stopped.

Return to “Backup/Restore for computer clients”