Not able to view updated data on my synology after migration

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect to computer clients, such as Synology Data Replicator, Time Machine, or other client backup software.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
Akhilesh1760
I'm New!
I'm New!

Not able to view updated data on my synology after migration

Postby Akhilesh1760 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi,

I have performed migration of data from my file server to Synology, but due to some permission issue users had to save there work on the file server(Windows 7), So I had to migrate the updated data again, but the user complained that newer data was not available on synology.

Could you please help us in figuring out what went wrong while performing incremental data migration using fastcopy tool.

Thank you
sieberta
Sharp
Sharp

Re: Not able to view updated data on my synology after migration

Postby sieberta » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Can you see the data in File Station logged in as Admin? I predict there are permissions issues on the files freshly copied, that are not making them available to your user.

sieberta
sieberta
---------
Devices: DS415+ (2014), DS216+II (2016), DS916+ (2017)
Public Service Announcement: Please do not rely on RAID as "backup"... at minimum buy a cheap USB 3.0 HDD and use Hyper Backup...
Akhilesh1760
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Akhilesh1760 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:51 pm

No, as admin i am not able to see the data
sieberta
Sharp
Sharp

Postby sieberta » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Seems like data didn't come over??? What about using WinMerge to compare and update?

sieberta
sieberta
---------
Devices: DS415+ (2014), DS216+II (2016), DS916+ (2017)
Public Service Announcement: Please do not rely on RAID as "backup"... at minimum buy a cheap USB 3.0 HDD and use Hyper Backup...

Return to “Backup/Restore for computer clients”