For issues regarding settings and usage of FTP and WebDAV service, post it here!
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:09 am
After I created a new user account who will access to my ftp server via WAN, a new e-mail will be sent automatically to that user and as shown below:
Welcome to XXXXX!
You may point your browser to http://192.168.1.?:5000/
to modify your personal profile.
Your username: AAA
Your Password: Password:VVV
Synology Disk Station
I actually has DNS name, but the e-mail above shows only the internal IP address, how to change it to DNS address? can I admend the e-mail?
DS409+ / DSM 4.0-2066 w/ 1.5T HDD x 4
DS106 / DSM 4.0-2066 (from DS108j) w/ 2T HDD
- Synology Inc
- Posts: 6662
- Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:33 pm
- Location: Washington, USA
Having the system to recognize the WAN address has been suggested to our engineering team and we will consider that for a future release. Amending the email is a new request however, I'll pass that along to the engineers. Thanks for your feedback