RS815 - Hypter-V (2 Hosts)

This room is for the discussion of how the Synology DiskStation can meet the storage needs for Virtual HyperVisors.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ChadCliftonPTL
I'm New!
I'm New!

RS815 - Hypter-V (2 Hosts)

Postby ChadCliftonPTL » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:11 am

Hi all

Please bare with me, I am new to Synology, so a bit of noob. I have started work for a new company and I have only worked with HP and Nimble before as well as never really getting into Hyper-V too much.

I have Clustered the 2 hosts now, all looking good and I would like to use CSV LUN's on the Synology so VM's are able to move between hosts when needed.

The hosts are using Broadcom drivers and software to team NIC's.

I am going to wipe and update the Synology this weekend, what would you recommend be the best way to set-up the iSCSI LUN's on the synology for the best performance. I am going to create 2 LUN's (PROD & DEV) but I am happy ot create multiple LUN's if you think that is best.

What would you suggest (in terms of block size, LUN size etc....)

Return to “Virtual HyperVisors (VMWare/ESXi)”