How to mount ESXI 6.0 datastore FROM Synology

This room is for the discussion of how the Synology DiskStation can meet the storage needs for Virtual HyperVisors.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
cmariotti
I'm New!
I'm New!

How to mount ESXI 6.0 datastore FROM Synology

Postby cmariotti » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 am

I know this might sound odd, but I need to mount an ESXI datastore remotely FROM the Synology.

Specifically, I have 5 x ESXI 6.0 installation with two local datastores. One for primary storage, a second for backup. Nightly FULL COPIES of the VM's are made from the primary to the backup. I have no interest in altering this setup, it is rock solid.

However, I do want to copy one of those backup copies to the synology's local storage once per week (Friday night).

How do I mount an ESXI datastore FROM the synology so that I can initiate the file copy from the synology?

I will then use the synology to do a number things with this copy (replication and offsite).

Return to “Virtual HyperVisors (VMWare/ESXi)”