Run HyperV VM from SMB 3.0 share

This room is for the discussion of how the Synology DiskStation can meet the storage needs for Virtual HyperVisors.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
kilimats
Beginner
Beginner

Run HyperV VM from SMB 3.0 share

Postby kilimats » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:13 pm

I am trying to run my VM on a 2012 R2 HyperV host server from my synology shared folder set with SMB 3.0 Protocol

When i create a VM and set the path for the VHD disk on the synology shared folder, i get this error at the end of the wizard, any idea why? the account im using already has full access on the share

Failed to set folder permission. Verify that the host machine account has read/write access to the share
The specified account does not exist. (0x80070525). Verify that the machine account has read/write access to the share

Return to “Virtual HyperVisors (VMWare/ESXi)”