iSCSI - one volume 2

All questions regarding the Synology system as a iSCSI Target can go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ojutan
I'm New!
I'm New!

iSCSI - one volume 2

Unread post by ojutan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi,
I have a DS414 with DSM 5.0

I created an iSCSI LUN, it is also accessible from one host.
However if I try to access it from a second host it sometimes finds the path but doesn't show the storeage if it is mounted at the other one...

The background why I want to do this is that I have 2x ESXI whiteboxes where I want to run abouut 10 vm on one and about 20 vm on the other.
So there won't be concurrent access to the same files... but the same LUN should be accessed from two hosts.

Did I oversee something? Is there something special to configure?

I did nothing special, I got the DS414 with DSM4, then upgraded it to DSM5, created one iSCSI volume and that's it...

ojutan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: iSCSI - one volume 2

Unread post by ojutan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:53 pm

solved it.
I once activated a feature called "multiple sessions" in the iSCSI management tool, then later upgraded from DSM4 to DSM5
A year later I wanted to use both again and then thought ESXi6 has an issue but then I found the hint to check the "multiple sessions" setting.
And it was off.

After reactivating the "multiple sessions" again both whiteboxes could work in parallel again.

Return to “iSCSI Target”