iSCSI LUNs Missing After Upgrade to DSM 6.1.3

All questions regarding the Synology system as a iSCSI Target can go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
kylecmvas
I'm New!
I'm New!

iSCSI LUNs Missing After Upgrade to DSM 6.1.3

Postby kylecmvas » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Good Afternoon,

We are currently experiencing a fault whereby our LUNs have all disappeared after upgrading our Synology Rackstation 10613xs+ to DSM 6.1.3. When opening the "ISCSI LUN" section of the "Storage Manager", we receive an error that "There is no ISCSI LUN in your system".

This is causing the entire company's VMs to be offline as the fault has synchronized to the redundant Synology NAS as well.

Please can someone assist quite urgently with this as Synology Support only opens in another 14-15 Hours (Taiwan) and 24 hours+ (America) and this fault is extremely critical unfortunately.

Any assistance with the above would be greatly appreciated.
kylecmvas
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: iSCSI LUNs Missing After Upgrade to DSM 6.1.3

Postby kylecmvas » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Just an update here, Synology Support came back to assist us with this and confirmed that this was a "bug" in the upgrade process to DSM 6.1.

We are still yet to receive further specifics from them on the exact fix they replied as at this point they advised that they "performed a manual update of the ISCSI module that was not updated automatically during the DSM upgrade process".

I will update this post again once I have more specifics from Synology to better assist other users going forwards :)

Return to “iSCSI Target”