HA and New Network cards

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.

HA and New Network cards

Postby Paddi » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:36 am

i was just wondering how easy it is to add new cards once HA has been set up , i currently have 8x 1GB ports( 4 fixed & 4 added) , i have 2 bonded for the Hart beat and 2 bonded for Management

but i want to look at adding in either a dual port 10GB fiber card (E10G17-F2) or 2 single port ones, i understand i would need the same across both of the "RS3614xs+" that i have,

but would i need to break the HA cluster to install them and get them up and running ? and would they throw any errors due to not being used as the heartbeat connection ( guide says to use fastest connection)

i'm hoping it a simple down one server install , bring it back up and down the other and install ...

any pointers would be great thanks

Return to “Remote Access and Network Management”