DS3617XS Network/Access Issue

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
skrin411
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS3617XS Network/Access Issue

Unread post by skrin411 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 am

Hello Everyone,

I own a DS3617XS that is currently on DSM 6.2-23739 Update 1, and I have owned this DS for a little over a year. I have it configured with the following:

- LACP bond using all four ports connected to a Cisco switch that is configured for LACP.
- The IP address of the device is on the same subnet as my workstations.
- It is running the DNS, Active Directory, and Plex Media Server packages.
- I have two volumes configured with associated files shares and SMB enabled.

Ever since updating to DSM 6.2-23739 (the release prior to the current one), I have been experiencing some strange issues in that it randomly becomes completely inaccessible from the network. I can still ping it, however, I cannot connect to the WebGUI, the Plex Media Server, or any shares via FQDN or IP Address. Windows servers that are on the Active Directory domain are also unable to authenticate. When this occurs, I also cannot detect it on the network via find.synology.com or the Synology Assistant. The only way to restore connectivity is to manually power down the NAS then power it back up. I currently have a ticket open with Synology Support. However, they have been extremely slow in responding and don't appear to have a clear direction on what the issue could be. Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome.

Thank You.

Squozen
Guru
Guru

Re: DS3617XS Network/Access Issue

Unread post by Squozen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Well, you've already established with a ping test that basic networking is functional, and you've established that powercycling the NAS resolves the issue so there's not a lot I can suggest short of digging through the logs to see if there's anything obviously crashing and otherwise waiting for Synology to come up with the answer.

Return to “Remote Access and Network Management”