DS414j : Physical moving

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Gael292929
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS414j : Physical moving

Postby Gael292929 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:41 am

Hi there,

I happily used my DS414j for the last 2years when I was in Korea. I recently moved back to France and tonight I tried to connect my Synology, with not a lot of joy I am a bit sad to report...
What's happening is a bit strange to me.
With the NAS directly connected to my PC through its Ethernet port and no hard drive in the NAS, the latter is detected by ''find.synology.com''. Logically the assistant states that there is no hard drive, some of them have to be inserted in the NAS before trying to reconnect it again. And when I do that, no way the Synology can be detected again! I tried various things and I noticed in the documentation that there is a Reset button. With no more idea left I was just about to press it when I realized it might be wiser to ask the question to the forum just in case this problem sounds familiar to someone.

Any clue?

Regards.
@+ Gaël.
Gael292929
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS414j : Physical moving

Postby Gael292929 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 am

No idea from anybody? I'll press the Reset btton and hopefully I'll get back the the access of my NAS.

Regards.
@+ Gaël.
drabisan
Guru
Guru

Re: DS414j : Physical moving

Postby drabisan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:11 pm

It has been discussed before, several times.
You had a static IP address configured and it is from a different subnet than the one you have now.
If you know the address it had, you can setup one from the same subnet on your pc.
If not, search for how to factory reset a Synology. You'll find the first solution is the one that does not delete your volume.

Return to “Remote Access and Network Management”