Connection has been lost

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
giabba
I'm New!
I'm New!

Connection has been lost

Unread post by giabba » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi
this is my first post in this forum. I'm a Synology user starting from at least 2 years ago and till now i'm very satisfied of my NAS Diskstation and for the service given by Sinology.
Few weeks ago I started to receive many notification about connection lost and resumed: 3/4 each days. i'm loosing the connection for many hours per day.
Till now, in the last 2 years these kind of notification was very rare...
Recently i added to my local network a new Smart TV. Can be this the reason of those frequent issues?

Squozen
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Connection has been lost

Unread post by Squozen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am

Depends - are you connecting wirelessly or via ethernet?

giabba
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by giabba » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Both through ethernet cable

Squozen
Navigator
Navigator

Unread post by Squozen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:47 am

Check the DHCP server on your router (if that's how you're doing DHCP) and make sure your address range doesn't overlap with the NAS's IP (if it's static) - maybe you're getting an IP conflict. You can make sure that isn't happening by either setting the TV network settings manually or putting in a reservation in the router (you'll need the TV's MAC address). Beyond that, I don't see a reason for a smart TV to be causing any issues.

giabba
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by giabba » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:07 am

Thank you
I had the same IP address for the NAS (static) and the TV.
Now i have changed the IP address of the TV and I will check if the connection will be stable tomorrow.
Thank you again for your support
bye

Return to “Remote Access and Network Management”