LACP BOND 1 Issues

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Overcon
I'm New!
I'm New!

LACP BOND 1 Issues

Postby Overcon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi All, I could use some help. Been trying to work with support, but 1 reply a day isn't working out.

I have a 3850-24XS 10GB Fiber switch and I am trying to connect two of the ports in an LACP team with the Synology E10G17-F2 Dual SFP+ PCIe Adapter I put in the RS3617RPxs. I created BOND 1 set of the 2 10GB ports and I created a LACP team on the Cisco switch and it says Connected, but I can pass no traffic to the BONDED pair.

I have tried a few configs on the Cisco to no avail. I already have a working LACP team from the 3850 to a 3750 Switch Stack that is working great, it is the LACP to the Synology I cannot get working.

Synology config is straight forward. Give it an IP, Subnet, DNS, Gateway and everything looks good, but no traffic is passed.

Cisco Config is: (note DOT1Q is native on this switch):

interface Port-channel1
description SYNOLOGY LACP TEAM
switchport trunk allowed vlan 113,116
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate

interface TenGigabitEthernet1/0/22
description SYNOLOGY LACP TEAM NIC1
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate
channel-group 1 mode active
spanning-tree portfast trunk
!
interface TenGigabitEthernet1/0/23
description SYNOLOGY LACP TEAM NIC 2
switchport mode trunk
switchport nonegotiate
channel-group 1 mode active
spanning-tree portfast trunk

The only thing I didn't try was setting switchport trunk native vlan 116.

Anyone got any ideas?

If not this, then I am willing to run one 10GB, but I need it to accept traffic from multiple VLANS (192.168.113.0/24 VLAN 113; 192.168.116.0/24 VLAN 116) But it doesn't seem that is possible, at least from the GUI.

Thanks!
Overcon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: LACP BOND 1 Issues

Postby Overcon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:16 pm

No one has any ideas? Sigh.
Overcon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: LACP BOND 1 Issues

Postby Overcon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:28 pm

A bit more information. i can pass traffic over the individual 10GB ports. But I have to set one SFP+ to one VLAN and the other to the other VLAN to get traffic to arrive from both VLANS to the Synology.

Return to “Remote Access and Network Management”