DDNS down for IPv6 ?

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
windar
Sharp
Sharp

DDNS down for IPv6 ?

Postby windar » Sat May 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi there,

As of late (few days tops, maybe only hours), it seems that DDNS is not registering the IPv6 address anymore.
I can see the same phenomenon on 4 different Diskstations (3 running latest DSM 6, 1 running latest DSM 5), installed at 4 different locations, using 2 different ISPs (both support IPv6).
End-to-end IPv6 access to and from these DSs has been working for months, and I can only see that now it doesn't. My DNS subdomains for each DS have only the IPv4 entries whereas they had both IPv4 and IPv6 entries before. As confirmed by the overview of my Synology Account (https://account.synology.com/en-us/overview).
The DDNS interface for each DS is functionnal (for IPv4) and doesn't report any difficulty with the service.

Does anybody else have the same problem here or am I the only one ?

thx
Jungle Power !
windar
Sharp
Sharp

Re: DDNS down for IPv6 ?

Postby windar » Sun May 29, 2016 9:11 am

It's back this morning, but for how long ?
When looking at the logs, it seems it's been going on and off a few times during the day...
Jungle Power !
achandab
Novice
Novice

Postby achandab » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:17 am

IPV4 is having the same issues for a number of users. There is a separate thread for this.
windar
Sharp
Sharp

Postby windar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:33 am

windar wrote:It's back this morning, but for how long ?
When looking at the logs, it seems it's been going on and off a few times during the day...

Down again for IPv6 since yesterday...
Jungle Power !
windar
Sharp
Sharp

Postby windar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Down for the past 24 hours now
Jungle Power !

Return to “Remote Access and Network Management”