ShareSync ports?

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
bx_andreas
I'm New!
I'm New!

ShareSync ports?

Postby bx_andreas » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:33 am

Hi forum,

I'm trying to set up ShareSync between two DS 414s in different locations, bu to no avail. I've had my ISP forward ports 5000, 5001 and 22 to my host synology and it is accessible via a domain, certificate and all. However I can't get access via ShareSync. In the port list it says 873 and 22 for SSH connections for "DSM 5.2 Data Backup, rsync, Shared Folder Sync, Remote Time Backup". Do I need port 873? And what about Port 6990, which is just listed as "Cloud Station"? Do all Cloud Station apps use that one, including ShareSync? Unfortunately I can't simply test the port settings because our ISP's router does not allow it, they charge 49,- bucks for setting up port forwardings (yes I know, but there's nothing I can do at the moment), so I need to know beforehand. It looks like I need port 6990 but just to be sure...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Andreas
synology_ukman
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: ShareSync ports?

Postby synology_ukman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 am

You should port forward 873, so maybe 8730 to 873
https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledg ... y_services
bx_andreas
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bx_andreas » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:59 am

Thanks for your reply and yes, I know that list. So port 6990 is not required as well for ShareSync to work?

Best,
Andreas
bx_andreas
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bx_andreas » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 pm

*bump*

Return to “Remote Access and Network Management”