Let's Encrypt is in!

Topics including remote access and management can go here, including port forwarding, telnet, ssh, and advanced network settings.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
fredex
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Let's Encrypt is in!

Postby fredex » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 pm

BUGabundo wrote:
fredex wrote:in case any of you can glean anything helpful from the output, here is the output from an identical run when I used -vv (greater debug info)--note that I've obfuscated my domain, email, and IP address in this output

you should remove the private key bit.

also it seems it saves to "cert_path" : "/usr/syno/etc/certificate/_archive/b4jFHq",
a diff directory.
something else must be then copying from that dir to the one used by DSM

thanks, I had (obviously) overlooked that.

Wondering if this is something that should be reported as a bug...
BUGabundo
Versed
Versed

Postby BUGabundo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:27 pm

fredex wrote:Wondering if this is something that should be reported as a bug...

dunno...
one of my DSMs is working fine with the LE native client

my others are running acme.sh LE client, which i much prefer.
Hansel
Student
Student

Postby Hansel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Ok, so Lets Encrypt allow 100 SAN's, but the Subject Alternative Name box in the Synology GUI is limited to a certain number of characters (looks like 256) so I can't get anywhere near that.

Is there a way around that? I tried creating a separate cert for the other SAN's but they don't seem to work the same way as the default (I can't really connect to those sites)...
BUGabundo
Versed
Versed

Postby BUGabundo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Hansel wrote:Ok, so Lets Encrypt allow 100 SAN's, but the Subject Alternative Name box in the Synology GUI is limited to a certain number of characters (looks like 256) so I can't get anywhere near that.

Is there a way around that? I tried creating a separate cert for the other SAN's but they don't seem to work the same way as the default (I can't really connect to those sites)...

ssh into your synology device and use any other LE client.
i wrote a guide on how to use acme.sh for example
Hansel
Student
Student

Postby Hansel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 pm

BUGabundo wrote:
Hansel wrote:Ok, so Lets Encrypt allow 100 SAN's, but the Subject Alternative Name box in the Synology GUI is limited to a certain number of characters (looks like 256) so I can't get anywhere near that.

Oh cool thanks, is that guide in this thread? I'll have a search :)
BUGabundo
Versed
Versed

Postby BUGabundo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Hansel wrote:
BUGabundo wrote:

i see you found it
Hansel
Student
Student

Postby Hansel » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:24 am

BUGabundo wrote:
Hansel wrote:
BUGabundo wrote:

i see you found it

Yep, seems I'm out of luck though. I raised a ticket with Synology and they basically said "yes it's 256 characters and you can't change it". Well I know that, I want YOU to change it :D

Return to “Remote Access and Network Management”