Starting with cross-compiling

All discussions/development regarding the Marvell mv6281 Chip can be placed here.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
Nulkoud
I'm New!
I'm New!

Starting with cross-compiling

Unread post by Nulkoud » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi all,

I want to make some usefull tools for my ds209 but I can't get the compiler working.
I installed vmware player with Ubuntu 10. I followed the guide from Synology, but that doesn't work at me. I placed the toolchain in /usr/local but when I try to compile a *.c file (in this case main.c) from my home directory (/home/stefan/Synology/dev/test) I get the following error:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc main.c -o test
bash: /usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: No such file or directory
It looks that I can't run the arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc. Can someone help me out?

thanks,
Stefan

zyxmon
Versed
Versed

Re: Starting with cross-compiling

Unread post by zyxmon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 am

I do not use synology guide for crosscompiling. I am using this guide http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware ... eToOptware
Here is a wiki in Russian I have written. You can use online traslation tools t read it.
Entware & Qnapware for embedded Linux systems

Nulkoud
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Nulkoud » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for your info. The problem is that I can't get my own sources compiling. I understand that your guide is a howto to make packages, but I don't have yet the compiled program to make a package.
How do you compile your programs?

zyxmon
Versed
Versed

Unread post by zyxmon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 am

Nulkoud wrote:Hi,
How do you compile your programs?
You need to create mk file for the program.
As for some small test programs - I've use native compiling.

Nulkoud
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Nulkoud » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:56 am

As you can read in the starting post I'm having problems with running the compiler. I understand I have to run a makefile to make it work, but if the compiler doesn't respond to it it doesn't matter.
Could you give my more details about setting up your building environment?

greetings

zyxmon
Versed
Versed

Unread post by zyxmon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:27 pm

I use virtualbox with different linux installations. The toolchain is downloaded by the makefile for the Marvell mv6281 platform. I had no problems with this toolchain. I had problems with Freescale 8241 architeture with some distros, because the toolchain is built, not downloaded. For Freescale 8241 I had success only with mandriva 2010.0 and debian 5.

Return to “Marvell mv6281 Development Room”