phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured

Discuss the phpMyAdmin Package Here.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
jpurssey
Beginner
Beginner

phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured

Unread post by jpurssey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:17 am

I had to reinstall DSM6 and applications.

phpmyadmin shows the following message at the bottom of the window on logging in

The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. Find out why.
Or alternately go to 'Operations' tab of any database to set it up there.

I do not remember seeing this previously. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem remained.

Searches have shown that to rectify this I have to create a phpmyadmin database and run some SQL scripts to populate it. I have created the database but have yet to run the scripts. Before I do this I am looking to see if any others have had this problem and how they dealt with it. It seems strange that the DSM installation does not provide all the require functionality. I think the missing functionality is preventing php apps from communication with Mail Server as none are sending emails and show error messages to that effect.
DS214se 2Tbyte Raid 1: DSM6.2, CP1500 AVR UPS - Cyber Power System, Inc,
Zolid Mini DVB-T Stick - Integrated Technology Express (Works sometimes)

jpurssey
Beginner
Beginner

Re: phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured

Unread post by jpurssey » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 am

After you create a phpmyadmin database (I did one for MariaDB 5 and one for MariaDB 10) going to the Operations tab will give you an option to run an SQL script to create and populate the tables as necessary.
DS214se 2Tbyte Raid 1: DSM6.2, CP1500 AVR UPS - Cyber Power System, Inc,
Zolid Mini DVB-T Stick - Integrated Technology Express (Works sometimes)

Return to “phpMyAdmin”