hide @eadir

IF your questions pertains to using the file server performance, transfer issues, jumbo frames tuning, post it here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
madcow
Student
Student

hide @eadir

Unread post by madcow » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 pm

I upgraded my ds106e with a 1tb (WD10ears) disk. It all works and i copied all my files by connecting the old disk to my desktop (ubuntu) and copying all the files over the network to the new disk. The problem now is that all the @eadir's in the photo folders are visible. How can I hide them again?

antoiney
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Re: hide @eadir

Unread post by antoiney » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:21 am

Greetings madcow,

@eaDir contains metadata of thumbnail information aims for shortening of work load on re-creating thumbnails in PhotoStation once the image files are full restored back to the Photo shared folder.

I'm sorry to inform you there's no other way to hide those @eaDir as it is based on the design. To prevent from copying @eaDir have to manually select the file that you wish to be copied.

Your understanding will be well appreciated.

Spheerys
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: hide @eadir

Unread post by Spheerys » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:14 am

And what about the file .hidden with this content set in each directory where a @eaDir exist :

Code: Select all

@eaDir
Under Linux, this tip hide the directory.
The point is how to set automaticaly this .hidden file during the thumbs generations ?

Return to “File Server Performance”