The indicated network name is not available any longer.

IF your questions pertains to using the file server performance, transfer issues, jumbo frames tuning, post it here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Damian Meier
I'm New!
I'm New!

The indicated network name is not available any longer.

Unread post by Damian Meier » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:38 pm

Hello

I have a DS-101J NetDisk.

When I copy a lot of files from a server to this disk, I become the following error on the server after a few minutes: "File name cannot be copied: The indicated network name is not available any longer." this is translated from German. Error in German: "Filename kann nicht kopiert werden: Der angegebene Netzwerkname ist nicht mehr verfügbar."

The disk is installed at another location. The locations are connect with a permanent link. 2 Mbit's. If I ping the disk from the server, I never lose any Pingpackage.

Do you now this problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Damian Meier

Risto
Student
Student

Unread post by Risto » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:12 pm

I have similar situation with my DS-106.

Have seen this message twice, also only during big amount of file-accesses. After this has happened, I can continue working without a need for any further action.

Do not know any fix.

Risto

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:07 am

**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

frmaasdam
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by frmaasdam » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:56 am

Well,
I have upgraded to 426 on my DS-106 and I still have this problem too.
My network share comes unavalable after some time (minutes ) of copying and I have to restart everytrhing after some minutes.
My web server comes not available too. Everything resets itself after some minutes.
I have seen the same topic on a 426 machine.
The secons problem is the same problem there.
I cannot FTP anymore! My connection will setup correctly but everything dies after a LIST command and the connection close itself.
Please solve my problems!

NetBoot
Ace
Ace

Unread post by NetBoot » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:36 pm

See if adding your syno box to your lmhost file for windows and see if that helps.

For MAC's, I think you can do the same but it's the MAC's hosts file.

I too had the syno box disappear from my windows network until I added my syno box to windows lmhost file.

So far I haven't been able to get the syno box to drop off the network after making this change.

Net....
Product Model: DS-106
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 - 0640

I have my reasons for my insanity....

NetBoot
Ace
Ace

Unread post by NetBoot » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Since my last post, the DS-106 dropped off the network and appears that the hibernation has something to do with it. Other than not seeing the syno box on the network everything else works fine.

I'm going to set windows autodisconnect to off and monitor the syno box.

Net....

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:20 am

frmaasdam wrote:My connection will setup correctly but everything dies after a LIST command and the connection close itself.
What is your FTP Settings? I've seen this error happens when you don't forward the right ports for PASV FTP. What kind of FTP software are you using?
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

NetBoot
Ace
Ace

Unread post by NetBoot » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:28 pm

Since upgrading to 426, the DS-106 seems to drop off the network often. I also see that the windows and apple services stop and then restart. All other services don't seem to be effected by this.

Net....

Levi
Rookie
Rookie

Unread post by Levi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:05 pm

I have this too (along with slower than expected speeds) on a ds106j using fw428

currently on gig network using windows xp sp2 - clean install too. Same with firewall turned on and off.

Return to “File Server Performance”