Iphone APP DS-AUDIO

Discussion the beta DSM 2.2-0914 here. Please report all bugs to the Beta Program Manager.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
gcollier
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Iphone APP DS-AUDIO

Unread post by gcollier » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi
Using an iPOD with wireless internet connection on my home network. I have a DS-106 (latest firmware) and have loaded the App onto my iPOD (v3.0)...I enter the IP address, for example 192.168.0.25, username and password and it cannot connect, any advice whould be great...

HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Unread post by HarryPotter » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

the apple applications do only work with FW 914 and onwards. Your model doesnt get this possibilities.
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.2-23511 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / SA400S37120G SSD cache /16 GB RAM
DS415+ / DSM 6.2-23511

LMS 7.9.1-166, 2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i

Toubro
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Toubro » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:29 pm

I have really gotten to use this application the last couple of days and I love it, it is a killer app :D I just have one question and a suggestion.

When I have listened for a while the music stops, and when I look at the screen it says that the connection is lost. Is this because the iPod cuts the wi-fi a while after the screen has gone black to preserve power??

Now my suggestion is, that it would really make it easier if one was able to see the artist of each track, when browsing a compilation album, just as you can when browsing a playlist. (see attachments for reference).
Image Image

As can be seen on the first picture with a playlist, the artist is displayed under each track, while this is not the case on the second picture of an album. I would really love to be able to see the artist here as well.

On a last note, I think this Beta release kicks a**, I haven't had any problems at all, only positive surprises :D

2thamaxx
Student
Student

Unread post by 2thamaxx » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 am

Good point you got there Toubro.
Would love to see this too.
Synology CS-407 WD5000AAKS-00A7B RAID5
Logitec Squeezebox Classic
Logitec Harmony 525

victorp88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by victorp88 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:50 pm

DS-Audio was working fine for me until yesterday. All of a sudden I started getting this error: Login Network is not available now. I restarted my disk station and the problem still persists. I can access the online audio station fine though. Any help would be appreciated. I think I have all the necessary ports open on my firewall, but I am not 100% sure.

syno.allen
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by syno.allen » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:19 am

victorp88 wrote:DS-Audio was working fine for me until yesterday. All of a sudden I started getting this error: Login Network is not available now. I restarted my disk station and the problem still persists. I can access the online audio station fine though. Any help would be appreciated. I think I have all the necessary ports open on my firewall, but I am not 100% sure.
Are you using the 3G network in iPhone ? You could try to use wifi + LAN acess and see if it's networking problem..

victorp88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by victorp88 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:36 pm

syno.allen wrote:
victorp88 wrote:DS-Audio was working fine for me until yesterday. All of a sudden I started getting this error: Login Network is not available now. I restarted my disk station and the problem still persists. I can access the online audio station fine though. Any help would be appreciated. I think I have all the necessary ports open on my firewall, but I am not 100% sure.
Are you using the 3G network in iPhone ? You could try to use wifi + LAN acess and see if it's networking problem..
I've used both 3G, wifi away from home, and at home. Neither work anymore. Does anyone know of any specific ports that need to be open besides 80 and 5000?

s8824
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by s8824 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 am

victorp88 wrote: I've used both 3G, wifi away from home, and at home. Neither work anymore. Does anyone know of any specific ports that need to be open besides 80 and 5000?
The service for DS-audio is run on 5000 port by default.

You can use iPhone Safari to test whether connection is available:
Launch Safari and connect to http://your_ds_ip_or_ddnsname:5000 and to make sure if you can see the login page.

Hope this information helps. 8)
I love DS508 and PhotoStation! *^_^*

grouper
Student
Student

Unread post by grouper » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Works like a charm for me, thanks a lot Synology and Team for this awesome Beta.

Now one question/point of improvement:

While beeing connected to the WiFi (I use an Ipod Touch) I can browse and cache my songs. Also,playing of the current song continues (if it is cached) when I am disconnected.
Is there a possibility to browse the cached files or maybe add them to the library of the Ipod? Would be nice to update/manage the songs you have on-the-go.

Cheers, grouper
DS207+ 2* 1,5 TB + Twonky 4.4
HTPC: AMD Based XBMC
2* Roku Soundbridges 1 Squeezebox Radio

ximon
Novice
Novice

Unread post by ximon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm getting the same error. App works when on the same network, but not over the web using a dynamic DNS address.

I can connect to the management page in MobileSafari just fine (using the same dynamic DNS address). I have port 5001 open in the router - does DS Audio require other ports too?

EDIT: Nevermind. I opened up port 5000 too and all seems well.

Return to “Beta - Disk Station Manager 2.2-0914”