3rd-party integration on DS Manager Desktop

The amended update to DSM 2.1-0832, discussion 2.1-0839 here. Updated services included "User Home" folders, File Station 2, and Download Station 2. DSM 2.1-0839 is avaiable for all currently supported x07, x08, and x09 Synology systems.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
itari
Sharp
Sharp

3rd-party integration on DS Manager Desktop

Postby itari » Tue May 05, 2009 8:34 am

Looking for hiding the online-ressource-link-list on the first desktop-page, I found the code in /usr/syno/synoman/webman/modules/desktop.html.

'photo': {
icon: 'photo',
title: 'Photo Station',
url: '{SERVICE_LINK:default_photo_url}'
},
'onlinersc': {
icon: 'online',
title: '{STRING:onlinersc}',
url: '#'

}
};
{THIRDPARTY_DESKTOP}
{SERVICE_ENABLED}
//var gApps = ['webman', 'file', 'audio', 'download', 'surv', 'photo', 'web'];

You have to comment out the red lines (and of course a closing brace too ...)

But after that, I found the 'green' line ... and when I look deeper into the code, it seems to me, that there is some code for integrating 3rd-party-apps. This would be nice. And it would be more nice to get some more informations about this feature ...

So me question is, does anyone know more about the feauture? Or does anyone know, if and when the 3rd-party-apps-integration-guide will be updated?

itari

Return to “Disk Station Manager 2.1-0839”