Never ending "Re-indexing media files"

The amended update to DSM 2.1-0832, discussion 2.1-0839 here. Updated services included "User Home" folders, File Station 2, and Download Station 2. DSM 2.1-0839 is avaiable for all currently supported x07, x08, and x09 Synology systems.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
wckchan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Never ending "Re-indexing media files"

Postby wckchan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:51 am

I am using 407e. After I upgrade the HDD to 1TB and firmware to 2.1 839, activating UPnP, set the buffer my media player/adaptor can no more read my media files from my 407e (although it can recognise my Synology sever). Files and folders have once (for a moment) appeared on my media player when I tried to deactivating and then re-activating, restarting the Synology server. I guess it is the "re-indexing of media files" which make me impossible to read and play the media files. I have 1.3TB of media files, 9,000 MP3 and hundreds of videos (some of them are HD, so the files size are huge). Questions (if anyone can help, appreciate):
1. Is it the re-indexing of media files makes my no way to read the files from media player/adaptor?
2. How long will it take to re-index the media files as I mentioned above?
3. I read from other posting that I can move the media files to other non-default media files folder and then re-start the UPnP, will it make the re-indexing process more manageable, i.e. re-index the files by batch in accordance to my own needs?

Thanks.
wckchan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Never ending "Re-indexing media files"

Postby wckchan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:22 am

Does the indexng of media files works?
I found that my 407e will hiberate when the re-index is still showing on the UPnP page! Is re-indexing working or not??
wckchan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Never ending "Re-indexing media files"

Postby wckchan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:46 am

Can refer my post to:
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=14157

Return to “Disk Station Manager 2.1-0839”