Problem with Fetchmail going 100%

Discussion Room for the Synology MailStation Package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
reg
Trainee
Trainee

Problem with Fetchmail going 100%

Postby reg » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:32 pm

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES %CPU %MEM TIME+ S COMMAND
7590 --------- 20 0 10.5m 6.9m 73.5 2.8 4:05.18 R /var/packages/MailStation/target/bin/fetchmail --quit --pidfile /var/services/homes/admin/.Mai+

This top line from the "top" command illustrates my problem. I am finding a very high cpu rate since updating to DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 1.

System is DS213air. CPU is MARVELL Kirkwood 88F6282 1.6Ghz. Ram is 256mb.

Just wondering if anyone can throw some light on this. With such high CPU rates the system is very bogged down. Much of the time fetchmail can be above 75%. Doing anything is dead slow. Prior to this I had no problems. Can I roll back?
reg
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Problem with Fetchmail going 100% - Resolved

Postby reg » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Tried to downgrade following instructions on this site.
DSM would not come back up - but wanted to reinstall.
After reinstalling the very latest release, fetchmail continued on its merry way consuming nearly 100% cpu.
Then I realized that Mail Station was not needed.
Using a local mail client, and configuring IMAP, I could get email from Synology Mail Server anyway.
Removed Mail Station
DSM is now working normally - yay!

Return to “Mail Station”