Can't connect to roundcube

Discussion Room for the Synology MailStation Package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Levi59
Trainee
Trainee

Can't connect to roundcube

Unread post by Levi59 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi!

I have installed mail server and mail station but i have an error while connecting to the web page. I have took a look into "/volume2/@appstore/MailStation/mail/logs/errors" and i have found this :

Code: Select all

Could not connect to localhost:143: Connection refused in /volume2/@appstore/MailStation/mail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 198 (POST /mail/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)
What can i do?

Levi59
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Can't connect to roundcube

Unread post by Levi59 » Mon May 16, 2016 2:09 pm

I have checked all of the parameter, i have added the permission to use mail to admin and one of my user but nothing change. For everyone, just installing the package work but not for me...

buckyb
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by buckyb » Tue May 17, 2016 12:45 am

Not sure if this is related but sometime after DSM 6 Update 7 was installed I lost connectivity to Roundcube. I can still retrieve and send email via IMAP and other unrelated web sites I'm hosting are reachable as normal. If I reboot my 1515+ I am then able to connect to Roundcube with no problems. Sometime within the next 24 hours I lose web connectivity to Roundcube again (and repeat the whole process). I've tried stopping and restarting Mail Station but it has no effect.

I can't prove the connection to Update 7 but the correlation is definitely there.

jjb2
Enlightened
Enlightened

Unread post by jjb2 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:30 am

I have seen a similar issue with update #7 and the loss of connectivity to roundcube and other web sites. I think it prudent to wait until update #8 to see if that fixes things. I surmise you could downgrade to a lower version of DSM (search the forums for how) and that will also fix the issue.

Update: I removed the SSD read caching and for whatever reason the problem went away. If you have that in your system try disabling it and see if it helps. If not then sorry I can't be of more help for now.
So many Synology systems for so many years starting at DSM V1.x.

Return to “Mail Station”