Newer firmware on CS407e

Discussion Room for Legacy Disk/Cube/Rack Station from the x01/x06 Series.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Nicksta
Rookie
Rookie

Newer firmware on CS407e

Unread post by Nicksta » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi

So if I get this right, if the CPU of a later model is the same I should be able to download the firmware for that model and it should work on my CS407e? eg firmware for DS209j?

The only difference I can see between the specs is that the DS209j has a 32 bit memory bus whereas the CS407e is 64 bit. CPU is the same, memory amount is also the same. The cs407e is a 4 bay though whereas the DS209j a 2 bay.

OR would a firmware from a Freescale mpc8543 PPC work just as fine. There are later models with this CPU that also have a 64 bit memory bus and are a 4 bay, if this makes a difference.

Harry do you have any idea? I see you have DSM 4.0 running on an older model. I need to reinstall my CS407e frequently and it is a real pain having to recreate so many settings that the config backup does not backup, and I understand this is enhanced in DSM 4.0. Recreating firewall rules every time is completely tedious as is DDNS settings, and I am amazed such settings are not included in the config backup.
Synology Diskstation DS1010+
5 x WD Green 2TB SHR (2 x WD20EZRX, 2 x WD20EADS, 1 x WD20EARS)
Synology Cubestation CS407e
4 x WD Green 1TB SHR (4 x WD10EACS)

Return to “x01/x06/x07 Legacy Discussion”