jumbo frames/download station

Synology® Inc. today announced an update of Disk Station Manager 2.0 featuring that NAS products support the latest Sony PS3 firmware 2.50. This update also enhances usability and compatibility of the product.
User avatar
pomah
Novice
Novice
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:48 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

jumbo frames/download station

Postby pomah » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:31 pm

I just want to check if the following problem is fixed: DS becomes unresponsive If high amount of connections to download station are made and Jumbo frames are enabled.
if not when I can expect it ?
DS211 -- WD30EZRX -- RAID 1 -- DSM 4.2-3202
User avatar
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc
Posts: 6662
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:33 pm
Location: Washington, USA

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby Franklin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:52 am

Greetings pomah

I'm inquiring about this..
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews
gbil
Student
Student
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby gbil » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:34 pm

pomah wrote:I just want to check if the following problem is fixed: DS becomes unresponsive If high amount of connections to download station are made and Jumbo frames are enabled.
if not when I can expect it ?



And I was wondering why my ds-207+ hanged twice today!

First time I downloaded 3 torrents at the same time after I've set jumbo frames to 9000. No entry in the log file just hanged and had to pull the power cord.
wwwh355
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:01 am

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby wwwh355 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Same thing here, just pulled the plug of my DS-107+

I have 2 DS's, DS-107+ and DS-106e

Only DS-107+ had the jumbo Frame turned on
Only DS-107+ freezes many times a day if under heavy BT downloading
DS-106e is under heavy downloading at the same time too, but never freezes.
User avatar
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc
Posts: 6662
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:33 pm
Location: Washington, USA

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby Franklin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:15 pm

Greetings all

Unfortunately this error has not been corrected in firmware 728; users experiencing this issue may either

Set the MTU for 1500

--or ---

Contact Online support for further assistance; our support team may ask for network settings, hardware used, and environment settings to see what is causing this error.

Our support team does have a special patch which most likely will correct the error; however users who experience this error must contact online support to receive the file.

Symptoms of this error include

1. Download Station freezes
2. Download Stations reports "errors" with downloading tasks
3. A pop up "Failed to connect to network" is displayed when accessing the download station


This error is planned to be corrected in the next major firmware release.


---Disclaimer---
Do not reply to this topic if you are experiencing this error; as the forum cannot help you. Users must contact Online support for further assistance and data collection. This topic will be locked if many users reply that they are experiencing this issue.
**Franklin is not available**

**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**

Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists

Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images

Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station

Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program

Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

User avatar
pomah
Novice
Novice
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:48 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby pomah » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Thanks a lot, Franklin.
We will wait patiently for next release.
DS211 -- WD30EZRX -- RAID 1 -- DSM 4.2-3202
stone
Sharp
Sharp
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:23 am
Location: Hong Kong

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby stone » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:38 am

Franklin wrote:Greetings all

Unfortunately this error has not been corrected in firmware 728; users experiencing this issue may either

Set the MTU for 1500

--or ---

Contact Online support for further assistance; our support team may ask for network settings, hardware used, and environment settings to see what is causing this error.

Our support team does have a special patch which most likely will correct the error; however users who experience this error must contact online support to receive the file.

Symptoms of this error include

1. Download Station freezes
2. Download Stations reports "errors" with downloading tasks
3. A pop up "Failed to connect to network" is displayed when accessing the download station


This error is planned to be corrected in the next major firmware release.


---Disclaimer---
Do not reply to this topic if you are experiencing this error; as the forum cannot help you. Users must contact Online support for further assistance and data collection. This topic will be locked if many users reply that they are experiencing this issue.

Unfortunately this error has not been corrected in firmware 728<-----This problem happen on 107 and 207 long time ago(can search on this forum and form yahoo/google), why take so long time not yet solve it?
At Office :
DS209+II FW4.1-2647 / Western Digital WD1002FBYS 1TB x2
DS210+ FW5.0-4482 / Seagate ST1000528AS 1TB x2
DS211+ FW5.0-4482 / Seagate ST2000DL003 2TB x2
DS1511+ FW5.0-4482 / Seagate ST4000DM000 4TB x5 (RAID6)
Qnap TS419P FW4.1 / Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2TB x 4 (RAID5)

At Home :
DS207+ FW3.1-1636 / Seagate ST1500341AS + ST31000528AS
DS213+ FW5.0-4482 / Seagate ST4000DM000 x 2(RAID1)w/USB3.0 ST32000542AS
DS411+ FW5.0-4482 / Seagate ST4000DM000 x 4(RAID5)
eta
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:18 pm

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby eta » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Franklin wrote:This error is planned to be corrected in the next major firmware release.

Will this also be correct in DS-106 ? I read somewhere the 728 will be the last release for the 106e.
User avatar
Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc
Posts: 6662
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:33 pm
Location: Washington, USA

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby Franklin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:13 pm

@eta

It is unlikely that our developers will continue to support the x01 and x06 models as these series are considered end-of-life items.

I would suggest that you either set your Jumbo Frames to 1500 MTU or contact online support for further assistance.

Hope this helps
**Franklin is not available**

**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**

Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists

Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images

Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station

Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program

Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

eta
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:18 pm

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby eta » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:30 pm

Franklin wrote:@eta
It is unlikely that our developers will continue to support the x01 and x06 models as these series are considered end-of-life items.

Well, when maybe enough DS-106 owners want to keep support, we could all could donate $5.-
When you have sold enough DS-106's to happy customers, they all possibly would love to pay a couple of dollars to continue the support for another year ?
Franklin wrote:I would suggest that you either set your Jumbo Frames to 1500 MTU or contact online support for further assistance.

I dont have JUMBO frames set, and there is already some support ticket create for me.
So I am waiting on the developper to examine my system, since I have emailed all login information.
eta
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:18 pm

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby eta » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:15 pm

And they have fixed my problem now :mrgreen:
Elieser
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:30 am

Re: jumbo frames/download station

Postby Elieser » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:49 pm

eta wrote:And they have fixed my problem now :mrgreen:


I have same problem with a CS-407. Can you please say how they fixed problem?

Return to “Disk Station Manager 2.0-0728”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest