USB COPY doesn't work with the sony camera ?

If your question pertains to using an external HDDs or even the USB Copy feature, post it here.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: for any compatibility issues, please contact from the Synology technical support team:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
qjnl
I'm New!
I'm New!

USB COPY doesn't work with the sony camera ?

Postby qjnl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:18 am

I bought DS216+II recently and this is my first NAS, one major purpose of this NAS is to store pictures and the movies from my camera, however I noticed that the USB copy doesn't work with my sony RX100M4 camera (64g Sandisk sd U3 card), the USB copy indicating light won't turn on and the application says no USB or SD devices was loaded at the front USB port, while the camera SD card can be read inside of the File Station application. I've tested the USB copy with a Sandisk 32g USB stick, it all works fine.
Anyone knows what's the problem might be ?
sincarne
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: USB COPY doesn't work with the sony camera ?

Postby sincarne » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 am

what file system you use on sony?
qjnl
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: USB COPY doesn't work with the sony camera ?

Postby qjnl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:20 am

sincarne wrote:what file system you use on sony?

exFAT on sony, I've bought the exFAT access, the pictures on sony can be read properly with file station but the USB COPY can't detect neither the camera nor the camera SD card loaded in a USB switch.

PS:
- I've double checked the camera is in USB mass storage mode while connecting to the NAS. The file station application can read files from the camera.
- I don't think there's a hardware issue with the front USB port of the NAS, as it can detect the other USB drive when I plug it in the port.

Return to “External Harddrives & USB Flash Drives”