DS216+II and DS218+ outage

Discussion about the hardware (internal HDD/external HDD/USB printer) and software compatibility of Synology product.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
nyichiban
Beginner
Beginner

DS216+II and DS218+ outage

Unread post by nyichiban » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm

So long story short had a DS216+II which had issues one day and stopped working but was able to do a backup before sending it in for RMA. Got the DS218+ and got the same issue after a few days.

The Issue: The power is still on but loses connectivity on the network. The network sees the 216play that I have and no issues with that machine. The replacement ds218+ and the original 216+ii seems to be having the same issue

Stuff I have tried: Did a clean install and backed up from the backup I had in my 216play.

Hardware used: 2 x 8TB HGST and 8gb Crucial ddr3 module line here: mod note: shop link removed. These are what I took from the original 216+II and put it in the 218+ and it seems to have the same issue.

What could be causing this. Anyone know? Could it be the drives or the memory? Drives seem fine in the storage manager but not sure about the memory as I can't test it. Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

betoboton
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS216+II and DS218+ outage

Unread post by betoboton » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 am

Sorry to suggest something less complicated, but I had this issue with a DS212j and I replaced the network cable with a new one and changed the switch port it was connected to another one, and it worked for me. Cheap and worth trying...

Good Luck

Beto Boton
Carlos Alberto (Beto) Boton
Professional Astrologer , Counsellor & Life-Coach
Over 35 years’ experience, offering wellbeing alternatives to his clients worldwide.
Mais de 35 anos de experiência oferecendo alternativas de bem-estar a seus clientes.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”