How many of you have had issues with power supply?

Discussion about the hardware (internal HDD/external HDD/USB printer) and software compatibility of Synology product.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
schugh
Trainee
Trainee

How many of you have had issues with power supply?

Unread post by schugh » Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 am

I bought an 1815+ close to 3 years ago now I think.
The first one died about a year after I got it.
Now the replacement unit appears to be almost done as a week ago and yesterday and again today
I get several emails about "the server restarted unexpectedly".

I've opened a ticket with synology support and sent them the system logs but they just want me to RMA it again.
But now I'm nervous it's going to happen again in another year.
It's plugged into a cyberlink UPS.

Meanwhile my older 7 year old 411+ is just perfectly working fine.

Just wondering how common is it for the power supply to fail. Or should I be investigating something else.
But I don't know what else could cause this issue. It's been fine until just last weekend.

schugh
Trainee
Trainee

Re: How many of you have had issues with power supply?

Unread post by schugh » Sun May 20, 2018 5:22 am

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that issue.
After some more sudden reboots today it has finally died.
I think it lasted close to two years this time.
I've already called in for RMA. Hope they ship the replacement soon.
Pretty disappointing though that Synology didn't properly acknowledge and offer a permanent solution for this (or so it appears from reading that other thread).

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”