Had 1515+ Heartbeat setup but received a 1517+ after warranty

Discussion about the hardware (internal HDD/external HDD/USB printer) and software compatibility of Synology product.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
patharding88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Had 1515+ Heartbeat setup but received a 1517+ after warranty

Unread post by patharding88 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 am

I had a heartbeat setup with our two 1515+ models at the office.

After a year one system failed and I sent it away for warranty. In return I received a 1517+

Will I see any compatibility issues and is it better to have both systems the same?

I have not tried setting up the 1517+ until I get some advice, another option I have is to switch my home system 1515+ with the new office 1517+ so both office models are the same.

Suggestions welcomed,
Pat.

iknowtech
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Had 1515+ Heartbeat setup but received a 1517+ after warranty

Unread post by iknowtech » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm going to assume when you say heartbeat setup, you're not referring to High Availability mode because you mention two different site locations? I don't think High Availability in general designed for WAN links.

The DS1515+ and DS1517+ are very similar systems, so most other integrations between the two units should work just fine. Yoiu can probably expect your other DS1515+ to fail at some point to as well. They are dropping like flies from the Intel C2000 Series flaw. I can only assume if they are giving out DS1517+'s for warranty replacements, as they don't even have enough refurbished DS1515+ units to send out as replacements at this point. Another user recently stated his RMA took 3+ weeks, so that would also sort of verify they are having replacement inventory issues.

ryanwgregg
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Had 1515+ Heartbeat setup but received a 1517+ after warranty

Unread post by ryanwgregg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 am

I've got a DS1515+ from Late 2015. It is still kicking right along with no issues. I'm honestly wondering if a morning in the not so distant future will be that day. Here's to hoping they run out of DS1515+ and just send me over a DS1517+.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”