DS212 Disk 1 not detected

Topics pertaining to volume setup, boot/shutdown, initialization, DSM update, HDD migration.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
xpd777
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS212 Disk 1 not detected

Postby xpd777 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 pm

My DS 212 suddenly crashed. When I turned it back on, The Status LED keeps blinking orange, LAN is green, Disk1 is blank/no light and Disk2 is orange.

In the storage manager, Disk 1 is not detected while Disk 2 is failing and my Volume1 is degraded.

I suspected to be an HDD problem but tried a fresh blank HDD for Disk 1 and Disk 2, I get a server error code 38 when i try to install the DSM.pat via Synology Assistant.

I suspect that my DS212 Disk 1 bay can't detect any hard disk. Anyone having or had same problem?

Return to “Installation, Configuration, Migration, Expansion”