PCI-E card with M.2 and 10GbE

Discussion about the hardware (internal HDD/external HDD/USB printer) and software compatibility of Synology product.
Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
korayus
I'm New!
I'm New!

PCI-E card with M.2 and 10GbE

Postby korayus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 pm

I will order DS1817+ Unfortunatelly it has one PCI-E slot and will need 10GbE and M.2 at the same time. So does Synology has single PCI-E card which suports both? Or any manufacture?
And also new 10GbE RJ45 cards are much cheaper (Asus XG-C100C for $99) and please test them on your products.
mervincm
Versed
Versed

Re: PCI-E card with M.2 and 10GbE

Postby mervincm » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:15 pm

korayus wrote:I will order DS1817+ Unfortunatelly it has one PCI-E slot and will need 10GbE and M.2 at the same time. So does Synology has single PCI-E card which suports both? Or any manufacture?
And also new 10GbE RJ45 cards are much cheaper (Asus XG-C100C for $99) and please test them on your products.

if you need both, you have to install the 10g card and sacrifice your first two slots in the NAS. if you need 10g AND 8 HDD AND 2 SSD, you need to move up the synology lineup, spending considerable more.

Also, why would synology support the ASUS card, they don't make and money if you buy an ASUS card :) The Aquantia chipset has linux support, so there is hope! :)
1815+ (factory patched board) 4GB 5x6TB WD RED

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”