Sending files to Synology from mail

Can not find somewhere to post your question? Or want to test your signature, avator, links? Post it here. Thanks!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Janne
I'm New!
I'm New!

Sending files to Synology from mail

Postby Janne » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi,
I am having a party on Saturday and would like to have a monitor where the guests can easily upload their pictures to.

I don't want them to download any app or doing a lot of things to be able to send the pictures.

Is it possible somehow that the guests can take the pictures (probably with an IPhone) and then email the picture to a gmail og hotmail account.
Then somehow magically the pictures are ending on a shared album in PhotoStation that I then display on a webpage??!!

BR
Janne
jhmorri2
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Sending files to Synology from mail

Postby jhmorri2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:25 am

Janne wrote:Hi,
I am having a party on Saturday and would like to have a monitor where the guests can easily upload their pictures to.

I don't want them to download any app or doing a lot of things to be able to send the pictures.

Is it possible somehow that the guests can take the pictures (probably with an IPhone) and then email the picture to a gmail og hotmail account.
Then somehow magically the pictures are ending on a shared album in PhotoStation that I then display on a webpage??!!

BR
Janne

You could just email everyone a file request link from file station. They could then take pictures and then just upload them via the link to your designated folder which would be index in photo station.

Return to “Others & Testing”