Which Nas

Any related inquiries about Synology product? Post it here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
I'm New!
I'm New!

Which Nas

Postby RR60 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:53 pm

If just looking for something to setup a personal cloud on my home PC. And maybe later also can I use for my security camera.

Currently have one camera on a stand alone DVR with only a 200 GB HDD. Would I also then be able to do away with the old DVR?

Thanks for suggestions.

Re: Which Nas

Postby dario_zgb » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 pm

You should provide more information on what you are going to use your NAS for. Any Synology model will easily support Surveillance Station with 2 cameras, plus much more. I suggest going with one of the 4-bay models; while a bit more expensive initially, they make much more sense in the long run, especially when you reach your storage limits and want to expand.
DS416play (4x4TB WD Red, SHR) * DS216se (2x3TB WD Red, RAID 0) *
DS214se (2x2TB WD Red, SHR) * DS115j (2TB WD Blue) * RT2600ac

Return to “General Products Inquiries”