Synodroid: Manage your downloads with your android handset

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
bahamut88
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Synodroid: Manage your downloads with your android hands

Unread post by bahamut88 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:05 am

Hi, I'm having some issues with synodroid recently.

I used the amazing software just fine for a couple of weeks. Now it just won't connect to the nas (local works, I can't access to the synology using the public address). Do you have any idea on what can possibly be the problem?

I already tried uninstalling it and setting up again the parameters. Nothing seems to work. I didn't change any on the firewall or the nas...

Thanks for the help

mp11af
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by mp11af » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:42 am

Hi everybody and thanks for keeping up the good work.

I have experienced some issues with latest Synodroid 2.1.5 I have spent many hours scrolling through forums for solutions but came out empty handed.

I run DSM 3.1-1636 with its native download station. My handset is a Samsung Galaxy S+
I have only used Synodroid locally within my lan.
Adding a torrent file from Synodroids built-in search engine works fine all the way so it is confirmed that the app is connected and configured correctly. But when it comes to magnet links I can see Synodroid is sending it to diskstation but nothing happens. I know for sure DSM 3.1 is compatible with magnet links so what is the glitch here?
I have tried different DSM settings in Synodroid but then I get a message that I should ensure correct DSM is set. It seems Synodroid is delivering the magnet link to Diskstation since I don't get any error messages from Synodroid. But what happens after that? Is there any settings in DSM 3.1 that I could have missed? Any suggestions?

Another thing I tried is to share a torrent link from the browser in my Android phone. This procedure render the same behavior with Synodroid logging in and deliver the torrent or magnet to Diskstation. Torrent files shows the same behavior as with Synodroids search engine but they never start downloading but just sits there inactive. Magnet links just dissapears in the same manner as with Synodroids search engine.

Please help me figure this out since I would really like Synodroids features and the built-in search engine. Thanks!
/Martin

DS106 DSM3.1-1636 WD20EARX

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by steve.garon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:52 pm

mp11af wrote:Hi everybody and thanks for keeping up the good work.

I have experienced some issues with latest Synodroid 2.1.5 I have spent many hours scrolling through forums for solutions but came out empty handed.

I run DSM 3.1-1636 with its native download station. My handset is a Samsung Galaxy S+
Adding a torrent file from Synodroids built-in search engine works fine all the way so it is confirmed that the app is connected and configured correctly. But when it comes to magnet links I can see Synodroid is sending it to diskstation but nothing happens. I know for sure DSM 3.1 is compatible with magnet links so what is the glitch here?
I have tried different DSM settings in Synodroid but then I get a message that I should ensure correct DSM is set. It seems Synodroid is delivering the magnet link to Diskstation since I don't get any error messages from Synodroid. But what happens after that? Is there any settings in DSM 3.1 that I could have missed? Any suggestions?

Another thing I tried is to share a torrent link from the browser in my Android phone. This procedure render the same behavior with Synodroid logging in and deliver the torrent or magnet to Diskstation. Torrent files shows the same behavior as with Synodroids search engine but they never start downloading but just sits there inactive. Magnet links just dissapears in the same manner as with Synodroids search engine.

Please help me figure this out since I would really like Synodroids features and the built-in search engine. Thanks!
There is a good reason why DSM 3.1 works like [Please control your language] on Synodroid: I can't test my code on it because my NAS is running DSM 3.2.

If anyone with DSM 3.1 can provide me a dummy account to their NAS I could fix the problems with 3.1 once and for all. I've tried to have people beta test the app for me but its would seem that it's not working very well since a lot of ppl have problems with DSM 3.1.

FYI, DSM 3.1 was a really [Please control your language] version. It's unfortunate that you guys are stuck using this version.

Steve

mp11af
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by mp11af » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:15 pm

steve.garon wrote:

There is a good reason why DSM 3.1 works like [Please control your language] on Synodroid: I can't test my code on it because my NAS is running DSM 3.2.

If anyone with DSM 3.1 can provide me a dummy account to their NAS I could fix the problems with 3.1 once and for all. I've tried to have people beta test the app for me but its would seem that it's not working very well since a lot of ppl have problems with DSM 3.1.

FYI, DSM 3.1 was a really [Please control your language] version. It's unfortunate that you guys are stuck using this version.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Thanks for fast reply.
I could absolutely provide you with a dummy account. I have just put a fresh hdd in and have no content for the time being. I can put you in the DMZ on my router and you will have free access.

The reason why I stayed on DSM 3.1 is that there have been issues with going to 3.2 on DS-106 and I don't like to push my luck. 3.1 has been running without interruption for over a year now. But if you consider updating to 3.2 to be a great improvement I coul'd always give it a try. Can always o back to 3.1 if it doesn't work.
Tell me what you think.
/Martin

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by steve.garon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:21 pm

mp11af wrote:
steve.garon wrote:

Steve
Hi Steve,

Thanks for fast reply.
I could absolutely provide you with a dummy account. I have just put a fresh hdd in and have no content for the time being. I can put you in the DMZ on my router and you will have free access.

The reason why I stayed on DSM 3.1 is that there have been issues with going to 3.2 on DS-106 and I don't like to push my luck. 3.1 has been running without interruption for over a year now. But if you consider updating to 3.2 to be a great improvement I coul'd always give it a try. Can always o back to 3.1 if it doesn't work.
Tell me what you think.
send me a mail: synodroid at gmail

mp11af
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by mp11af » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:11 pm

send me a mail: synodroid at gmail[/quote]

Mail sent. Please mail me back when you plan to look at it
/Martin

JimmyTheSaint
Experienced
Experienced

other search engines?

Unread post by JimmyTheSaint » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 am

DSM search returns results based on the search engines I've selected on my DiskStation, no problem. On Synodroid's search results screen, there's a dropdown menu with only one item, "DSM Search." Are there supposed to be other search engines available? I saw other responses above refer to a built-in search engine, so I wonder if I'm missing something. The dropdown menu on the right offers "combined" and "BySeeders," but the one on the left only offers "DSM Search."
two DS213+'s with 2xWD30EFRX

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Re: other search engines?

Unread post by steve.garon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 pm

JimmyTheSaint wrote:DSM search returns results based on the search engines I've selected on my DiskStation, no problem. On Synodroid's search results screen, there's a dropdown menu with only one item, "DSM Search." Are there supposed to be other search engines available? I saw other responses above refer to a built-in search engine, so I wonder if I'm missing something. The dropdown menu on the right offers "combined" and "BySeeders," but the one on the left only offers "DSM Search."
Click the menu "update alternate search engine" and you'll have the others.

JimmyTheSaint
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by JimmyTheSaint » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:48 pm

steve.garon wrote:
JimmyTheSaint wrote:DSM search returns results based on the search engines I've selected on my DiskStation, no problem. On Synodroid's search results screen, there's a dropdown menu with only one item, "DSM Search." Are there supposed to be other search engines available? I saw other responses above refer to a built-in search engine, so I wonder if I'm missing something. The dropdown menu on the right offers "combined" and "BySeeders," but the one on the left only offers "DSM Search."
Nice. I now see we can also manage the DSM searches directly from Synodroid. By the way, is there a way to switch to the search screen without actually running a search?

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by steve.garon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:05 pm

JimmyTheSaint wrote:
steve.garon wrote:
Nice. I now see we can also manage the DSM searches directly from Synodroid. By the way, is there a way to switch to the search screen without actually running a search?
No I didn't see the point of doing so...

JimmyTheSaint
Experienced
Experienced

can't use DSM search

Unread post by JimmyTheSaint » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 am

When I select "DSM Search" for searching, it returns results from other sources. I have verified through the DSM web interface and through Synodroid Pro that my DownloadStation only has one search engine enabled. Since DSM Search returns a whole lot of hits in a case where it should only return one, it looks like it's using one or more non-DSM search engines for searching. DSM Search used to work properly, but sometime after I did "Update alternate search provider," the DSM Search started returning non-DSM search results. I tried a few of the alternate search providers on Synodroid Pro, and they appear to work correctly. But I would like to be able to use just the one that I have enabled on my server because it's a private tracker.

I tried updating alternate search providers again, but it made no difference. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this?

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Re: can't use DSM search

Unread post by steve.garon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 pm

JimmyTheSaint wrote:When I select "DSM Search" for searching, it returns results from other sources. I have verified through the DSM web interface and through Synodroid Pro that my DownloadStation only has one search engine enabled. Since DSM Search returns a whole lot of hits in a case where it should only return one, it looks like it's using one or more non-DSM search engines for searching. DSM Search used to work properly, but sometime after I did "Update alternate search provider," the DSM Search started returning non-DSM search results. I tried a few of the alternate search providers on Synodroid Pro, and they appear to work correctly. But I would like to be able to use just the one that I have enabled on my server because it's a private tracker.

I tried updating alternate search providers again, but it made no difference. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this?
I'm pretty sure that you are only hitting the cache. So to make it more efficient to add multiple files that you've just search, I'm caching the result of the search. That way you can search something return to the download list then search for the same thing again and the results will come up instantly. If you want to re-do the search, you'll have to click the refresh button up top in the search results.

JimmyTheSaint
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by JimmyTheSaint » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:13 pm

steve.garon wrote:I'm pretty sure that you are only hitting the cache. So to make it more efficient to add multiple files that you've just search, I'm caching the result of the search. That way you can search something return to the download list then search for the same thing again and the results will come up instantly. If you want to re-do the search, you'll have to click the refresh button up top in the search results.
I see what you mean about the instantaneous return with the cache behavior, but I did try the refresh button, and it makes no difference. I also tried an entirely new search on the term "gilligan" that returns two items on the private tracker, but a boatload of items on Synodroid's DSM Search. I also tried toggling between BySeeders and Combined. Again, I verify that Synodroid's "Manage DSM search plugins" shows just the one private tracker selected and DownloadStation's settings shows the same status.

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by steve.garon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 pm

JimmyTheSaint wrote:
steve.garon wrote:I'm pretty sure that you are only hitting the cache. So to make it more efficient to add multiple files that you've just search, I'm caching the result of the search. That way you can search something return to the download list then search for the same thing again and the results will come up instantly. If you want to re-do the search, you'll have to click the refresh button up top in the search results.
I see what you mean about the instantaneous return with the cache behavior, but I did try the refresh button, and it makes no difference. I also tried an entirely new search on the term "gilligan" that returns two items on the private tracker, but a boatload of items on Synodroid's DSM Search. I also tried toggling between BySeeders and Combined. Again, I verify that Synodroid's "Manage DSM search plugins" shows just the one private tracker selected and DownloadStation's settings shows the same status.
I'll try it tonight.

JimmyTheSaint
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by JimmyTheSaint » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:06 pm

More info:

1) Using Titanium, I wiped Transdroid's data, then uninstalled it. Then, only DSM Search was available in Synodroid Pro. When I searched, it keeps searching without completing for five minutes, and then I gave up. My only search provider is bitsoup, and I verified it works ok from Download Station's search box.

2) Using Titanium, I wiped Syndroid's data and restarted it. Identical results as #1 above.

3) Using Titanium, I wiped Synodroid's data and uninstalled it. Then I reinstalled it from the Play Store. Identical results as #1 and #2 above.

Again, DSM Search originally worked fine for me, but began failing sometime after installing the alternative search engines. But I have no way to determine if installing the search engines actually caused the problem.

Return to “Download Station”