Synodroid: Manage your downloads with your android handset

Post your questions about using our Download Station here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
orebollo
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Synodroid: Manage your downloads with your android hands

Unread post by orebollo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm

orebollo wrote:Hello.

I have just bought a Synology USB Station 2 and I am trying Synodroid. After downloading it from Google Play I have entered the NAS settings. But when accessing the downloads the application says: there are no downloads in your NAS at this moment, but I am downloading some torrents.

I have selected DSM 3.2, but also tried with other versions.

With the same settings, DS Files and DS Finder work fine. Any idea about what could I try?

Thanks in advance.
I have found that with the admin user the app works fine, but with other user it does not. Can I use another user?

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by steve.garon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:08 pm

orebollo wrote:
orebollo wrote:Hello.

I have just bought a Synology USB Station 2 and I am trying Synodroid. After downloading it from Google Play I have entered the NAS settings. But when accessing the downloads the application says: there are no downloads in your NAS at this moment, but I am downloading some torrents.

I have selected DSM 3.2, but also tried with other versions.

With the same settings, DS Files and DS Finder work fine. Any idea about what could I try?

Thanks in advance.
I have found that with the admin user the app works fine, but with other user it does not. Can I use another user?
Other users then admin work just as well but with a non-admin user you can only see your own downloads. Its a limitation of the NAS. It has nothing to do with Synodroid.

orebollo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by orebollo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:16 pm

steve.garon wrote: Other users then admin work just as well but with a non-admin user you can only see your own downloads. Its a limitation of the NAS. It has nothing to do with Synodroid.
Thank you for the answer.

I supose I have started the downloads with the admin user, and so I cannot see them with other users.

Eideen
Enlightened
Enlightened

Unread post by Eideen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:17 pm

orebollo wrote:
steve.garon wrote: Other users then admin work just as well but with a non-admin user you can only see your own downloads. Its a limitation of the NAS. It has nothing to do with Synodroid.
Thank you for the answer.

I supose I have started the downloads with the admin user, and so I cannot see them with other users.
you can add your user to the admin group.
DS412+ with DX510/ DSM 6.1b / 2xWD 4TB red+2(+1)xWD6TB (RAID5), 240GB SSD
DS215j / DSM 6.0 / 2xSG3TB (RAID 1) / remote backup
cyberpower BS650E, 1x2TB external drive for backup.

orebollo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by orebollo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Eideen wrote: you can add your user to the admin group.
Where can I add other user to the admin group? I'm not sure if this option is available in USB Station 2.

Eideen
Enlightened
Enlightened

Unread post by Eideen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 pm

orebollo wrote:
Eideen wrote: you can add your user to the admin group.
Where can I add other user to the admin group? I'm not sure if this option is available in USB Station 2.
for DSM 4.0 it is there is many was to do it. two ways are to:
control panel>groups> highlight "administrators" then press edit members> add.
or control panel>users> highlight the user you like to edit, press edit> then the user group tab> tick for administrator.
DS412+ with DX510/ DSM 6.1b / 2xWD 4TB red+2(+1)xWD6TB (RAID5), 240GB SSD
DS215j / DSM 6.0 / 2xSG3TB (RAID 1) / remote backup
cyberpower BS650E, 1x2TB external drive for backup.

orebollo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by orebollo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Eideen wrote: for DSM 4.0 it is there is many was to do it. two ways are to:
control panel>groups> highlight "administrators" then press edit members> add.
or control panel>users> highlight the user you like to edit, press edit> then the user group tab> tick for administrator.
Thank you, but the USB Station only support DSM 3.2, and I cannot find groups there.

But for me it's enough knowing that I'll have to run Synodroid with the admin user or start the downloads with other user

orebollo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by orebollo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 am

orebollo wrote: Thank you, but the USB Station only support DSM 3.2, and I cannot find groups there.

But for me it's enough knowing that I'll have to run Synodroid with the admin user or start the downloads with other user
Now that I know about users and downloading, I have found that I cannot add new downloads through Synodroid. Even loging in with admin user, I can see active downloads but when I try to add a new torrent, the app asks if I want to add it and apparently its ok, but on the main screen the new download doesn't appear.

Any idea about what could I check?

Thanks.

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by steve.garon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 am

orebollo wrote:
orebollo wrote: Thank you, but the USB Station only support DSM 3.2, and I cannot find groups there.

Now that I know about users and downloading, I have found that I cannot add new downloads through Synodroid. Even loging in with admin user, I can see active downloads but when I try to add a new torrent, the app asks if I want to add it and apparently its ok, but on the main screen the new download doesn't appear.

Thanks.
Send logs to synodroid (at) gmail.

orebollo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by orebollo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:19 am

steve.garon wrote: Send logs to synodroid (at) gmail.
I'm sure it is explained anywhere here, but cannot find it. How can I get the logs?

Thanks.

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by steve.garon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:24 am

orebollo wrote:
steve.garon wrote: Send logs to synodroid (at) gmail.
I'm sure it is explained anywhere here, but cannot find it. How can I get the logs?

Thanks.
In settings turn on logs. Do, whatever you want to do that doesn't work. If your phone has Android 4.1 use the send logs button in the settings. If not, download an app called sendlogs and use that to send the logs.

orebollo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by orebollo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:17 pm

steve.garon wrote: In settings turn on logs. Do, whatever you want to do that doesn't work. If your phone has Android 4.1 use the send logs button in the settings. If not, download an app called sendlogs and use that to send the logs.
I have just sent the log. Thank you for your interest. Tell me if I can perform additional checks or need more logs.
Last edited by orebollo on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orebollo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by orebollo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:15 pm

orebollo wrote:

Thanks.
I have realized that the torrents that couldn't be added to download are the ones from PirateBay (using the search engine inside Synodroid). I've tried to download from other sources (i.e. IsoHunt) and the torrent can be added without problems.

I don't know if this is an isue of synodroid or the search engine, but I say it here because it may be a question that could happen to other people.

daskino
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by daskino » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:02 pm

bought the pro version. running DSM4.1 beta, downlaod station, nexus 7 as tablet.
use private tracker. i add torrent. but i get an error, seems like it can download the file. does synodroid support private trackers?
even on same wifi network i have tried, wont work.

steve.garon
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by steve.garon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:24 pm

daskino wrote:bought the pro version. running DSM4.1 beta, downlaod station, nexus 7 as tablet.
use private tracker. i add torrent. but i get an error, seems like it can download the file. does synodroid support private trackers?
even on same wifi network i have tried, wont work.
Well if your tracker uses authentication it might not work. I just added authentication support to a test version of Synodroid, it might help you with your problem. The update should come to you in upcomming weeks. In the meantime I suggest that you download the torrent to your phone and use a file manager to start the torrent with synodroid (ES file explorer works like a charm).

Return to “Download Station”